Options

Did You Get My Good Side?

Mark1123Mark1123 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited October 17, 2009 in Street and Documentary
That's what he asked me after I snapped this picture. I was on my way to a Red's game in September when I saw him sitting there.
I'm not a huge fan of selective color, particularly when the color portion of the photo is over saturated...which I see way too often. I decided to try it on this shot knowing that the color portion is somewhat muted and stands out just enough to draw some attention.
C & C welcome.

Thanks,
Mark

4017702633_2166874176.jpg
If you never know an enemy, how do you understand the worth of a friend?

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Nice work. Love this use of selective color clap.gif
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Hahahaha! I should hope his front side is his good one.

I like that he is the colorful one and the others are bland. It emphasizes his stillness contrasted with the motion on the left.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Mark1123 wrote:
    That's what he asked me after I snapped this picture. I was on my way to a Red's game in September when I saw him sitting there.
    I'm not a huge fan of selective color, particularly when the color portion of the photo is over saturated...which I see way too often. I decided to try it on this shot knowing that the color portion is somewhat muted and stands out just enough to draw some attention.
    C & C welcome.

Thanks,
    Mark

Sorry, but he's shot from too far away for me to be able to read the sign or really get this. Also, if it was worth shooting and showing it's worth showing in either black and white or color, and shouldn't need a gimmick to draw attention to the subject. Just my humble opinion, of course.rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed