Options

7D/LR2.5 weird sky colors

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited October 17, 2009 in Finishing School
I am processing my first shots from the shootout/first 7D RAWs. I have some lighthouse shots that had areas of the sky blown out. When I try recovering them either by changing exposure or with the recovery tool, I get pink! These shots are from 10 a.m. on a very grey day, I doubt there is any pink in the sky at all. I don't know where it is from, or how to deal with it.

Thoughts or suggestions please!

The first shot has been edited - changed WB to 5000 (was 6K out of camera), messed with exposure, recovery, saturation, added a gradient. I am not unhappy with the result but also do not mean to suggest this is what it should look like!

683777035_X6QxA-L.jpg

The second shot is less edited, WB with the eye dropper using the house as reference, and is 7200.

683778391_7rexn-L.jpg

The third shot is not edited at all, but the minute I change anything there is a distinct bright pink (almost posterized) band in the sky.

683779745_LLsa2-L.jpg

Is this a problem with the software, with my eyes, with my monitor?

ann

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Send me the raw - use our Yousendit, or use dropbox and link me. http://www.getdropbox.com
  • Options
    TheSuedeTheSuede Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Keep in mind that the 7D camera profile is still beta, the raw saturation points of the channels are way off, colour profile seem to be built from a poor 50D template, and so on. Quite a lot of things are VERY beta about 7D support in LR25. In fact it isn't even listed as "supported", and this from very many valid reasons. You're seeing one of them. Anew, updated profile should be ready in a few weeks.

Until then you're stuck with DPP3.7 in situations like these...