Options

My favorites from the tournament this weekend

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited June 20, 2005 in Sports
You may or may not know that I shot (all alone) a 3 vs 3 soccer tournament this weekend. I covered 3 hours (12 games) on Saturday and 4 hours (a whole lot of games) on Sunday. The tournament was for U6, U8 and U10 players, and it was fun. The weather was quite variable and so the lighting was not all it oculd have been. Ihave posted almost 700 shots . Here is a selection of my favorites. (We'll see if the parents agree).
25160633-M.jpg

25181352-M.jpg

25002335-M.jpg

24864031-M.jpg

25206865-M.jpg

There are many more, and I find I often like the 'non action' shots as much as the real action shots, especially amongst these young kids.

ann

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited June 17, 2005
    Of your on-line gallery, that last one was one of my favorites. I don't know
    why either. The keeper shot (#2) is great too. I love her expression.

Nice work!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 17, 2005
    Nice work Ann thumb.gifthumb

Doncha just love soccer players of this age group? There's always at least a half dozen of them in the frame....Laughing.gif I like the last shot too. Good action. The first one is precious.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    I don't care for sports
    but that first one is adorable.

I don't think my grandson cares if I like sports or not, he plans to start the first baseball whatever it is they first do, whether I like it or not.

So guess who's gonna have to learn sports photography?

He's also signed up for martial arts as soon as he's old enough!

After two girl children, I'm finding this grandson difficult! Oh well, I won't be stuck in a rut, that's for sure!

I know you've worked hard and your hard work is showing in your photos!
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    Very nice Ann,
    you must be getting very comfortable with your abilities to capture action and expression during soccer. nice work!
    '
    troy
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2005
    Hi Ian
    That little guy is very talented - a future highlite reel in the making. All kinds of moves, and cute as can be!

The little girls were adorable too - pig tails and hats and some real intensity from them!

I guess I have many, many favorites!

ann
    ian408 wrote:
    Of your on-line gallery, that last one was one of my favorites. I don't know
    why either. The keeper shot (#2) is great too. I love her expression.

Nice work!

Ian
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2005
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif Steve - this was a 3 v 3 tournament - the most allowed on the field at a time was a half dozen, and I got them all in one frame!!!!

I think the first is my favorite favorite. They are so dang cute - and no vicious tackling happening at this age group either. Smiles instead of growls.

It was fun - now comes the painful part - waiting for sales.

ann

Nice work Ann thumb.gifthumb

Doncha just love soccer players of this age group? There's always at least a half dozen of them in the frame....Laughing.gif I like the last shot too. Good action. The first one is precious.

Steve
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2005
    Dee, you will come to love sports I am sure. Keep him involved as long as you can. Find him things that he enjoys and can be successful at. One day, he will appreciate it (I'm waiting for that day with my 3 rolleyes1.gif )

And while he is getting more out of life than nintendo, you get a whole new skill set - sports photography is quite challenging and very rewarding when you get it right! Truely about capturing a moment, because you only have a moment to get it.

Thanks

ann

Dee wrote:
    but that first one is adorable.

I don't think my grandson cares if I like sports or not, he plans to start the first baseball whatever it is they first do, whether I like it or not.

So guess who's gonna have to learn sports photography?

He's also signed up for martial arts as soon as he's old enough!

After two girl children, I'm finding this grandson difficult! Oh well, I won't be stuck in a rut, that's for sure!

I know you've worked hard and your hard work is showing in your photos!
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2005
    Thanks Troy - well soccer is pretty much the only thing I get to shoot any more!
    I am shooting 3 games a week minimum now, and have probably taken close to 15,000 soccer shots with my 20d - hey, how many actuations are they good for anyway?????

This tournament was fun - my kids are sooooo teenagers now!

ann
    windoze wrote:
    Very nice Ann,
    you must be getting very comfortable with your abilities to capture action and expression during soccer. nice work!
    '
    troy
  • Options
    mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2005
    That 20d should last for ten more seasons
    clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclap

...................Mereimage