Options

Beautiful bride and fall color pictures..

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited October 21, 2009 in Weddings
Kathryn got married a couple months ago on a golf course. I could see there was lot more potential with her and pictures than we could get at a golf course. I asked her if she wanted to do a bridal shoot in the fall color and she was up for it.
We got out last week and hit it just right....she got over her shyness after about half an hour and we got some really great stuff.
Shooting Kathryn was really fun as she as beautiful inside as she is on the outside.
Here is a link to the gallery if you would like to have a look:
http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Weddings/Kathy/10002064_Pnget/1/684184232_p2VrK

Comments

• Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    NICE! The light and the sun and the fall colours really work with this very pretty bride.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I just love the fall, it always makes such great photos to contrast w/ the brides dress! Nice set.
  • Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I do love the fall colors! Lovely pictures.

I see she does the head tilt quite a bit..i'm glad i'm not the only one that does that haha:D
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I looove your fall shoots. Didn't you have a bride pose in the same location last year?

Beautiful set and great processing! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2009
    Thanks everyone!
    Yes I shoot a lot in that park. I try to steer people away from it...but they keep requesting it.
    I do love shooting the fall color also.
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    She's got to be a model... people just don't pose like that without training! If not either she is a natural or you are the god of posing... maybe a little of both! Stunning work Z. Really, really good.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    SO pretty! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Oh, I remember when you posted this wedding... she is so cute.

I'm really liking #49, 51, 54, 63, & 64... you should push those to the front of the gallery!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Once again you've kicked it up a notch. Very nice location, and excellent post processing. I can see why you asked the young lady to do the shoot at the park. She's a natural. What a cutie.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    I am sure she will be glad she did this. The images are amazing and she certainly is beautiful.
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Did you use some off-camera lighting during this session? An assistant?

Care to walk us through the logistics of this shoot? - I always struggle with the balance between spontenaity and 'perfect lighting' and/or equipment....
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2009
    sb800 on light stand 36" soft box controlled by on camera flash in commander mode. No assistant.

I set up the light and then put the bride where I want her in relation to the background and photo composition and tell her to pose. I don't spend much time worrying about the lighting. The most important thing to me is the mix of flash vs. ambient...if I get that right the rest just falls into place.

When just starting a shoot I will help them pose a little bit, after they relax, usually about 20 minutes, I tell them to pretend like they are playing dress up in front of the mirror and just have fun and work it....

Did you use some off-camera lighting during this session? An assistant?

Care to walk us through the logistics of this shoot? - I always struggle with the balance between spontenaity and 'perfect lighting' and/or equipment....
  • Options
    lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Great idea to go with this bride and the fall colors-- and they were at such a peak, too. Very nice

What type of lighting were you using?
    Lisa
    My Website
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    Wow young, too many good images to list. Im sure shes stoked!