Options

she said yes!

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited October 21, 2009 in Weddings
This is not a picture to evaluate but a moment to rejoice with me in. My son, Dawson, (dawssvt) got engaged this weekend.

He had made a picture book for her of their year of dating together. The last page was a pic of something she had not seen--the ring. When she got to that page he pulled that ring out of his pocket, got on one knee and proposed.

She said yes.

I was asked to shoot the event. the white glow on the bottom is part of the bleachers I am hiding behind. She didn't know i was there.

Still undecided who will shoot the wedding!

whole gallery is at http://www.joshhuntphotos.com/Private/Events/She-Said-Yes/10015093_TWt95#P-1-20

685485900_G5sCh-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Very cool to capture the event. To bad that pesky bleacher was in the way!
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Very cool to capture the event. To bad that pesky bleacher was in the way!

15524779-Ti.gif

That would have been an incredible shot without that bleacher glow!!! What if you crop it out? Aspect ratio won't be right... but if you're not printing it, then who cares?

How sweet! Was this the ring entered in DSS# 35?
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    That is just too cute! Congratulations all around! What a great story. Yes, I want to see the ring shot!
  • Options
    entropy07entropy07 Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Congratulations, and a great capture!
    Nikon D700, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, 60mm f/2.8, SB-900
    Site
    Blog
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Awwww, beautiful! What a special moment to have and be able to keep for forever iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif

Congrats to Dawson & his fiance, what an adorable couple!!! wings.gif
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Well done Josh! I don't mind the foreground blur... I actually like it.

matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Congrats!!!!!!!! And that's cool that he had you capture the moment he proposed, very awesome :)
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Congrats. Looks like you were shooting from inside a vehicle. How did you manage to get shots 80-82 and 92-94 without the fuzzy bleacher in the way?

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Cuong wrote:
    Congrats. Looks like you were shooting from inside a vehicle. How did you manage to get shots 80-82 and 92-94 without the fuzzy bleacher in the way?

Cuong

luck!

there was a pretty narrow gap between the bleachers, and it was uncomfortable crouching behind them. Once in a while, I was able to slip into that narrow gap and miss the bleacher
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Could they be any cuter?iloveyou.gif Adorable. Now, what I want to know is if she guessed before the end ... did she have any idea what was coming?
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Thanks everyone! Yea, she kinda knew it was coming, but not on this day. Here is a link to the book I made here for the proposal...

http://www.blurb.com/books/881018

Here is a picture on the last page if you don't want to look through the whole book...

686132996_er5bD-XL.jpg

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    You shoulda let me know, i woulda lent you my trees stand. Laughing.gif! Excellent job! that would've been so exciting to catch a moment like that. Congrats to them both. :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    That is a happy girl! This must have been such fun for you and your son.
    Very cool!
  • Options
    kpagekpage Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Congrats!!!!! How awesome to be a part of it!!
    Just a girl playing with a camera trying to learn as much as she can.
    www.kp-photos.com : facebook.com/kpphotos
  • Options
    cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    mmmatt wrote:
    Well done Josh! I don't mind the foreground blur... I actually like it.

matt

Second that. It has a cool ethereal quality and is a great conversation/story point.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    I love the shot. Really nice. You sure captured a very special moment. The glow doesn't bother me. I think mostly because of the lightness on the LH side of the picture.

What lens did you use to make the shot?
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2009
    Ed911 wrote:
    I love the shot. Really nice. You sure captured a very special moment. The glow doesn't bother me. I think mostly because of the lightness on the LH side of the picture.

What lens did you use to make the shot?

He was shooting with a 70-200 f/2.8 IS on his Canon XTi thumb.gif

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    dawssvt wrote:
    Thanks everyone! Yea, she kinda knew it was coming, but not on this day. Here is a link to the book I made here for the proposal...

http://www.blurb.com/books/881018

Here is a picture on the last page if you don't want to look through the whole book...

Wow, I just went through that whole book and that really is love and devotion. Few guys would go through THAT much time to design a book like you did laying out your journey together. Amazing!
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    Wow, I just went through that whole book and that really is love and devotion. Few guys would go through THAT much time to design a book like you did laying out your journey together. Amazing!

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it clap.gif

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    | 580EX II & 430EX