Options

A quick one

mtmcelvymtmcelvy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited October 20, 2009 in Weddings
I was excited about this one the moment the shutter opened.. I would love a little C&C on it..don't be shy, lay it on me!!:D

682199895_2aG2Q-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Mike

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    The ring and her vows - this is soooo cool. I think I might have played a bit more with various DOF alternatives - I think the DOF here is a touch too shallow.

The light - very nice. The shadows produced by the ring are, IMO, spot on to the subject. thumb.gif

What I would not have done is run the ribbon through the ring. I think this would have been a cleaner, crisper, and much stronger image without the ribbon. I would not have even included it in the image. It looks like the image was shot on a bed sheet. I think a better surface might have been indicated.

Just my take on it - FWIW
  • Options
    Mark1123Mark1123 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Very cool shot. I actually like the ribbon, but I'm not crazy about the striped backdrop/sheet.

Good idea and good picture.
    If you never know an enemy, how do you understand the worth of a friend?
  • Options
    Crystal-PixelCrystal-Pixel Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    I think its beautiful shot! The paper that is crumpled below the top paper gives it good dimension and makes you focus more on the uncrumpled paper. I love the DOF. You just see the Ring (which belongs to the bride) and the begining of the brides vows which is.. "I Laura take you...." All the other mumble jumble isn't as important so its good that its out of focus...
    I think its a beautiful well thought out shot! Great job! What light source did you use for this? Natural or a flashlight?
    Crystal Saly

My Smug: www.crystalpixelphotography.com
    My Site: www.crystal-pixel.com

"I'm in love with my Canon.. & lovely L Lenses..."
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I also am mixed about the background sheet. Ribbon takes your attention off the background, so in this case i like it. Love the DOF, I don't think you really could of hit it any better.
    Wonderful shot, great eye.
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    mtmcelvymtmcelvy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Thanks for looking and the input everyone. The shot was last second as we were about to walk out the door and head over for the ceremony. I had the brides vows in my hand and noticed the light coming through the window onto the table. I asked the bride for her ring, the ribbon is orange same as the brides maids dresses and was used to wrap the BM's gifts from the bride. The background paper is from the gifts as well. It was the best I could find for a background with limited time and the table it's self was a no go.

Thanks again,
    Mike
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Good idea, I would have preferred it without the ribbon and with the ring further down in the body of the text, with nothing showing outside the frame of the paper with the text.
    Nice as is, but....
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    This was a fantastic idea...and the best thing is that its easily repeatable. Now that the concept is realized, you can studio the shot from different angles and ring positions, and noone would be the wiser of when it was taken.
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com