Calena & Seth

holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
edited October 22, 2009 in Weddings

Comments

• mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Hey there! Some nice shots here. Just for the record, it helps if you number your images so we are all on the same page on discussions. Cn I assume you are looking for c&c?

Assuming you are, I love your macros... very nice detail shots. You may want to see if you can't do something about the hair on her lower lip in the 2nd one.

In the one under the big tree, I think the blur on the side of the tree is distracting... seems out of place to my eye.

On the garter shot I would adjust the white balance to the grooms face instead of the guys catching.

Otherwise I think these are great!!!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    thanks, but not really looking for C & C. just sharing so you can tell me how awesome i am. :)

the blur is from a tilt shift lens.
  • mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    holzphoto wrote:
    thanks, but not really looking for C & C. just sharing so you can tell me how awesome i am. :)

OK
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Crystal-PixelCrystal-Pixel Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    holzphoto wrote:

lol - well the shots are great! I love the big tree photo.
    Crystal Saly

My Smug: www.crystalpixelphotography.com
    My Site: www.crystal-pixel.com

"I'm in love with my Canon.. & lovely L Lenses..."
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    holzphoto wrote:

HAHAA!!!

Love the first couple and the tree, the last one is less exciting to me... looks like it needs just a little more work.

Now I want to get a macro lens! Nice job!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Really like the one under the oak. I would definately either lose the one with the lip or just clone away the hair somehow. I actually love the shot but the bride, I assume, would not care for this at all. With that much detail, it looks like the beginnings of a goatee.
    edited October 19, 2009
    Laughing.gif...yeah i'll take care of it, these were just quick edits.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    love the macros

what is the glass of choice for macros?

I have the canon 24 - 105 L so I'd tend to think something to complement that--maybe something past 100.
    edited October 20, 2009
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    like everyone else I like the detail shots. Love the bud light shot, I seem to get one of those from every weddingrolleyes1.gif

really digging the TS, just wish it wasnt so centered.
    edited October 22, 2009
    cj99si wrote:
    like everyone else I like the detail shots. Love the bud light shot, I seem to get one of those from every weddingrolleyes1.gif

really digging the TS, just wish it wasnt so centered.

i wish it wasn't centered either, but i had the most annoying video guy next to me, i can post images where he is in the shot, lots of shots!....and i also had buildings and houses that would've been in the frame. the tree was so HUGE.