Options

Leads

jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
edited October 20, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
What is everyone doing about getting leads? What have you found to be your best source of business? Craigslist? Word-of-mouth? Something else? I'd be interested in knowing what's working for you...and what's not.

Thanks
Jerry
www.Meesoon.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    I guess it would depend on what type of photography you do. I get most new referrals through current clients and business networking groups.
    I have never tried craigslist, but I would think that if it were active enough in your area, it might be worth a try.
    Another decent source has been photography clubs. Most members are amateurs and often refer work to the pros.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    I get a roughly equal number of new clients from previous clients and Google. Craigslist is nice if you're willing to work for peanuts. Otherwise, targeted ads in publications that your client will very likely read can also be helpful.
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    I get a roughly equal number of new clients from previous clients and Google. Craigslist is nice if you're willing to work for peanuts. Otherwise, targeted ads in publications that your client will very likely read can also be helpful.

Craigslist is great for the new photographer looking for budget brides... but after you get to more normal pricing, you're only going to find yourself 95% of the time getting inquiries that never go anywhere since the brides will be expecting a lower caliber of photographer, aka a lower cost photographer.

I get most of my clients through referrals, and a handful from random google searches where they stumble upon my page.