Options

Thank you all...

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited October 21, 2009 in Street and Documentary
...for your votes and re-votes. Taking into account how you voted, and taking into account the opinions of several outsiders - here are the final 20 images I've selected. At some point I'll remind you all of this exercise and explain what it was about - but that won't be for about five months.
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    A can't lose collection. It was fun to look at all and offer "assistance. Now should we post our scores of how many we got? clap.gif

Can't wait for the five months to pass...
  • Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    It's always fun to think you've had a hand in labeling "the best" of someone who's work you admire. Thanks for letting us take part in the exercise, B.D. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    thoth wrote:
    It's always fun to think you've had a hand in labeling "the best" of someone who's work you admire. Thanks for letting us take part in the exercise, B.D. thumb.gif

Loved being a teeny tiny part of this project by giving my .02 cents. Very happy my favorite made it through.

Thanks for sharing your work with us.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    A very wonderful gallery BD.
    Thanks for letting us be part of the process, to try to see things how you would see them, and to learn from that process.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    A very wonderful gallery BD.
    Thanks for letting us be part of the process, to try to see things how you would see them, and to learn from that process.

Sincere thanks to everyone. Ultimately my daughter had the final say on everything, and yesterday a very well known photo journalist made the last painful cut to get it down to 20 - throwing out some images that I think all of you - and I mwink.gif - voted for. But the 20 is 20. Actually, the most interesting thing about this exercise was looking at the final 25 and saying to my daughter - 'gee, these are pretty 'dark,' aren't they?' Not a cheery collection.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed