Options

Bicycle

mosackmosack Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited October 21, 2009 in Street and Documentary
491176738_bV5d9-XL.jpg
I took this image of the bicycle parked next to a "house", in Lashkar Gah, Afghanistan. I used my Canon 5d and a 100-400 zoom lens.

Comments

• Options
    Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    LOVE IT! Great composition IMHO.clap.gifclapclap.gif
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    B&W would work better for this IMHO. I'd like to see better contrast between the bicycle and background.

That said, the composition does work. I'm not sure what it tells us, though. There must be a million stories in Afghanistan. Which one is this?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    If that's not a B&W picture, one of two facts prevail: that's the most monotone environment I've ever seen or all the color cones in my eyes have ceased working.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    B&W would work better for this IMHO. I'd like to see better contrast between the bicycle and background.

That said, the composition does work. I'm not sure what it tells us, though. There must be a million stories in Afghanistan. Which one is this?

Precisely. That image you posted yesterday of the young women framed in the window told a myriad of stories and was visually captivating. But this one? Yes, it's composed nicely, but it's yet another bicycle leaning against yet another mud-brick walled building somewhere in the developing world. ne_nau.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed