Options

DSS 36: Here Kitty Kitty Kitty

adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
edited October 23, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does this work? I'm not sure its creepy or just a little scary. In the end, he was really just yawning :D

688504832_4WtqG-L.jpg
- Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
My SmugMug Site

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    Andrew,
    This is an awesome shot on its own, but I don't know if it's creepy enough for the challenge--Very cool shot and color conversion!
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    I personally would file it under 'hilarious' :D

I think it's that one ear going out to the side that makes me want to giggle every time I look at it!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2009
    Kinkajou wrote:
    I personally would file it under 'hilarious' :D

I think it's that one ear going out to the side that makes me want to giggle every time I look at it!

Back to the drawing board.... Thanks.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Wonderful shot and I love the conversion.

Others are probably right about it not being strong enough on theme for the challenge, but I'm wondering what would happen if you cropped it so that only the mouth and teeth showed. On second thought, probably best it would be would be scary - but not creepy. ne_nau.gif

Methinks you need to keep the title and find a creepy (or even crawly) shot to go with it.

:lurk

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    somethings missing...i do like the idea though, just needs something. When I look at the mouth and teeth, I get "scary", but everything above the mouth gives me "cute." This one is is going to be tougher than I thought, I thought I had a great idea and was so excited but then after I shot it, my vision didn't quite pan out...so i'm with you, back to the drawing board...
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    This makes me think more "cute" more than creepy. Can you maybe create some blood on the teeth and then zoom in on the mouth?
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    I'm with K - this one's hilarious to me rather than the slightest bit disturbing. I'm thinking Laughing.gifcat macro along the lines of "Kitteh says RAWRR" or "Operaahhh Kitteh: tralalalalalala!" rolleyes1.gif

Brilliant shot (although perhaps slightly oversharpened - I presume you went that route when going for maximum scary-factor)
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    I'm with K - this one's hilarious to me rather than the slightest bit disturbing. I'm thinking Laughing.gifcat macro along the lines of "Kitteh says RAWRR" or "Operaahhh Kitteh: tralalalalalala!" rolleyes1.gif

Brilliant shot (although perhaps slightly oversharpened - I presume you went that route when going for maximum scary-factor)

Yeah, sharpening was intentional. Not much of the creepy/crawly arena kinda guy. We'll see who comes by for trick-or-treating.....
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Great shot Andrew but I too don't get creepy.
    Good luck with the trick or treaters.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    What if you told a story? Maybe a second photo with the mouth closed and a victim's tail hanging out one side.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.