Smug Wallet - Iphone App

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Still having issues headscratch.gif
    I unchecked all galleries. Ran a sync to register as 0 photos and deleted galleries already on the iPhone. Put in my password again to try to force a reload/reconnect. Then rechecked galleries and let it run overnight. The program seems to be able to grab all subgalleries in my People superdirectory (which holds galleries of my two kids then broken down by month of the year). It failed to download my selected 'Places' galleries. It run up to 7000 photos on the downloaded area but, when I stopped it, only 1900 were actually on the iPhone.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    E
  • derfderf Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Was wondering if there was any update on a fix or anything that I can do to my site to fix?
    edited October 31, 2009
    Wondering the same thing...
    Tried everything to get my 'places' shots to sync to no avail. Unchecked galleries, uninstalled and reinstalled the app...nothing works :bash. For some reason I can sync my 'people' and 'things' galleries but not the 'places' ones. The 'people' ones are more locked down than any others so it really doesn't make any sense to me.
    E
  • derfderf Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Last 5 days or so mine is working great!!! wings.gif
  • mattwrightmattwright Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    derf wrote:
    Last 5 days or so mine is working great!!!

Hi derf,

Glad to hear it is working again! There was an issue with the API at one point that was causing it to return null values for the gallery titles if there were certain characters in the title. I alerted SmugMug and I think they have fixed it.

Matt
    edited November 5, 2009
    Mine is working now as well...after some gentle guidance from Matt - thanks again!
  • taat2dtaat2d Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Just downloaded about 1100 pics to my iphone with ABSOLUTELY NO HITCHES what-so-ever!!!

This is my BEST APP!!!

Thanx to whoever created this!!!

Glad I found this AFTER all the glitches!! wings.gif
    edited November 19, 2009
    taat2d wrote:
    Thanx to whoever created this!!!
    Glad you are enjoying the app! I'd love it if you left a review on the App Store. Thanks!

Matt
  • taat2dtaat2d Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    mattwright wrote:
    Glad you are enjoying the app! I'd love it if you left a review on the App Store. Thanks!

Matt
    You go it it Matt. That's the least I can do!! wings.gif
  • LotharLothar Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 13, 2009
    Problem with large videos
    Just started using this app, and it's great. However, I have experienced one issue that causes the app to crash.

In the advanced options, I have the video sync set to 'Automatic - Large'. When I attempt to sync a video that's approx 410 MB (it's that size on my machine, not sure what it is after smugmug converts it), it will attempt to sync, but then crash after a minute or two.

Anyone else having this issue?
  • twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    I also like this app alot - I have over 29,000 photos on my phone - just amazing when you think about it -

I do hope the developer does something to resolve the issue of long gallery names not wrapping - they get cut off after about 30 characters or so - so it's hard to see the full name of a gallery that exceeds this limit - even though there is plenty of room for it to wrap -

I also hope that he creates an app for non-smugmug users - so my family and friends iwth iphones can install the app and load galleries - this would be great, any plans for that??
    edited December 13, 2009
    Lothar wrote:
    In the advanced options, I have the video sync set to 'Automatic - Large'. When I attempt to sync a video that's approx 410 MB (it's that size on my machine, not sure what it is after smugmug converts it), it will attempt to sync, but then crash after a minute or two.
    Hi Lothar,

Contact me at support@midnightmobility.com so I can try to troubleshoot this with you and see where the crash is occurring.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • otaku521otaku521 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 26, 2010
    Great Job!!
    Very nice apps!! Very happy that I brought it iloveyou.gif

there are few things:

1) Dunno is it me, network, or my 3GS... very very slow syncing...
    I am on my 2nd day of apps... just downloaded 2114 pics off my 19,xxx pics album... From the impression of everyone that it should workout in matters of hours.. not days?? eek7.gif

2) Truncated directory/folder names - I date my photo shoots with catagories and shoots and locations - which I cannot see any more
    ie:

Animals & Insect > 2009_07_07 - Hokaido - ?????
    (anything after doted lines are cannot be seen)

hoped that next version can solve this problem?

3) # photos downloaded =/= numbers seen on galleries... how come?

4) will there be any future version that could be shared via social network (ie: facebook) and SMS, etc?

thanks again!
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2010
    stuartb wrote:
    ... Zoom . . yes please. In fact make it behave like the camera roll as near as possible....
    Has there been any thought/progress on incorporating a zoom that behaves
    like the camera roll? The current low res is enough to get a decent view to
    about 50% stretch.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited February 20, 2010
    Allen wrote:
    Has there been any thought/progress on incorporating a zoom that behaves like the camera roll? The current low res is enough to get a decent view to about 50% stretch.
    Working on a new version that will allow zooming, syncing larger versions of the files and work with the new smart galleries. It will also have an auto-rotate option, as that has been highly requested. May still be a couple weeks until I can get it to Apple.

Matt
    edited February 20, 2010
    mattwright wrote:
    Working on a new version that will allow zooming, syncing larger versions of the files and work with the new smart galleries. It will also have an auto-rotate option, as that has been highly requested. May still be a couple weeks until I can get it to Apple.

Matt
    Will this zoom behave like in the camera roll with the current small sizes? Or
    will I have to sync a larger version?

Not sure what the auto-rotate will do but I like my portraits to fill the
    screen, I can easily rotate the phone. Hope it's a toggle to turn off.

One complaint with Smart Galleries is the gallery Smart name. Not nearly
    long enough. Would rather have the real gallery name wrap.

Just my .02
    .. and thanks, great apt., use it all the time.
    edited February 20, 2010
    Allen wrote:
    Will this zoom behave like in the camera roll with the current small sizes? Or will I have to sync a larger version?
    Right now it is setup so you can sync larger versions of the ones you want to zoom. You want to be able to zoom in on the small versions? You won't get extra detail, it will just blur the pixels when enlarging them...
    Allen wrote:
    Not sure what the auto-rotate will do but I like my portraits to fill the screen, I can easily rotate the phone. Hope it's a toggle to turn off.
    It is a toggle, as I too prefer to just turn the phone. A lot of people like the way the default Photos app behaves where the photos are rotated to the way you are holding the device.
    Allen wrote:
    One complaint with Smart Galleries is the gallery Smart name. Not nearly long enough. Would rather have the real gallery name wrap.
    Smart galleries are the new thing SmugMug introduced that let you collect photos from other galleries and other users into your own. That is what I was talking about. Although, I have also already made it so that longer gallery names will appear in the new version, instead of being truncated.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • mlougeemlougee Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    SmugWallet, Camera Roll, & Bill Atkinson's PhotoCard
    I might have missed it, but is it possible to get photos *out* of SmugWallet and *into* Camera Roll? My reason for doing this is to make it easy to get pics from Smug into Bill Atkinson's PhotoCard (a *great* iphone app), in order to e-m and snail-mail photo postcards. SmugWallet looks like a great app just by itself (I just purchased, and it works fine), but it might also be a nice "in-between" tool for getting photos out of Smug and into other applications.
  • twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    There is no way to export - but you can do a screen capture - by pressing the home button and the on/off button simultaneously which will put an screen shot into you camera roll.
    edited February 21, 2010
    mlougee wrote:
    I might have missed it, but is it possible to get photos *out* of SmugWallet and *into* Camera Roll? My reason for doing this is to make it easy to get pics from Smug into Bill Atkinson's PhotoCard (a *great* iphone app), in order to e-m and snail-mail photo postcards. SmugWallet looks like a great app just by itself (I just purchased, and it works fine), but it might also be a nice "in-between" tool for getting photos out of Smug and into other applications.
    Looking at the thumbnails click "edit" top right. Pick photo and click icon
    bottom right. There is a save to camera roll there.
  • jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    I'm having a slight problem with my smugwallet.. One of my galleries will only sync 21 of the 24 photos in the gallery to the phone.

Here's the gallery in question.

http://jdorseydesign.com/Children/Kara-Grace/10963160_vLadc#766062690_wMBK8

I've tried unchecking the gallery and rechecking it, I've tried removing it and resyncing, but it still only syncs 21 of the 24 photos. I have no idea why it doesn't like 3 of them :)
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey
    edited March 4, 2010
    I've tried unchecking the gallery and rechecking it, I've tried removing it and resyncing, but it still only syncs 21 of the 24 photos.

Hi James,

Thanks for including a link -- I tested version 2.1 in the simulator and was able to download all 24 of your photos from that gallery. After toggling the gallery, did you also return to the Sync screen and click the 'Search for Photos' button?

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
    edited March 4, 2010
    mattwright wrote:
    Hi James,

Thanks for including a link -- I tested version 2.1 in the simulator and was able to download all 24 of your photos from that gallery. After toggling the gallery, did you also return to the Sync screen and click the 'Search for Photos' button?

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility

Yeah, I did that too.. Is there a way to reset the whole app and resync everything from scratch? I mean besides restoring my iphone....
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey
    edited March 5, 2010
    Yeah, I did that too.. Is there a way to reset the whole app and resync everything from scratch? I mean besides restoring my iphone....

Delete the app from your iPhone and then reinstall from the App Store. The app store button may say "Purchase" again, but the App Store won't double bill you for the same app (as long as you use the same account you used when purchasing it initially).

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
    edited March 5, 2010
    mattwright wrote:
    Delete the app from your iPhone and then reinstall from the App Store. The app store button may say "Purchase" again, but the App Store won't double bill you for the same app (as long as you use the same account you used when purchasing it initially).

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility

Okay, I did this, and still it's only showing 21 photos! :cry

photo.jpg
    edited March 6, 2010
    Okay, I did this, and still it's only showing 21 photos! :cry
    Sorry about that -- I haven't heard of this issue before and I wasn't able to replicate it on my end, so I'm really not sure what to say. :( If you would like a refund, please email me at support@midnightmobility.com. Otherwise, if I come up with any other ideas, I will let you know. There is nothing different or special about these 3 photos that aren't syncing, that you know of, right?

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
    edited March 6, 2010
    mattwright wrote:
    Sorry about that -- I haven't heard of this issue before and I wasn't able to replicate it on my end, so I'm really not sure what to say. :( If you would like a refund, please email me at support@midnightmobility.com. Otherwise, if I come up with any other ideas, I will let you know. There is nothing different or special about these 3 photos that aren't syncing, that you know of, right?

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility

AH HA! I think I figured it out. it's the new smart galleries stuff. The 3 photos in question have keywords that include them in another gallery. You must have an optimization that checks to see if you've already gotten a file that is causing this. Those photos are in my smugwallet, they are just not in the gallery I thought they were in because of this.

So now, I guess we need a feature request :) Where we can choose to sync the same file multiple times if it's in multiple galleries (which never happened before smugmug added smart galleries)
    edited March 6, 2010
    AH HA! I think I figured it out. it's the new smart galleries stuff. The 3 photos in question have keywords that include them in another gallery. You must have an optimization that checks to see if you've already gotten a file that is causing this. Those photos are in my smugwallet, they are just not in the gallery I thought they were in because of this.

OK, smart gallery/collected photos do not currently work, but I do have them working in the new version. You sync the file once and it appears in all the galleries that reference it. I just need to do some final testing and hope to release it in the next week or so to Apple.

I thought I looked for that possibility when I was testing your gallery, so I'm going to go back and make sure it is all working in version 3.0.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • wslamwslam Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    Hi Matt,
    One request.
    It's great that Smugwallet syncs the video, but I notice that when I try to save the video, it only saves the thumbnail to the Photos App. Anyway you can actually save the whole video out to the Photos App?

ws
    edited March 17, 2010
    wslam wrote:
    It's great that Smugwallet syncs the video, but I notice that when I try to save the video, it only saves the thumbnail to the Photos App. Anyway you can actually save the whole video out to the Photos App?

Good idea -- I hadn't thought of that one. I will try to get this working before the next release.

Matt