Options

Military relations

mosackmosack Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited October 24, 2009 in Street and Documentary
690994150_D3Lrk-XL.jpg
I grabbed this image while with CF forces in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    Love the expression of happiness on the soldier's face, and the way the boys crowd around her.

Love this photo!

Funny how the kids are not crowding around the male soldiers--maybe she sets them more at ease? The yellow balloon the kid in the middle is holding is the icing on the cake.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2009
    Military relations
    You're absolutely right! Male soldiers get no following like this unless they are handing out candy...mwink.gif
    Love the expression of happiness on the soldier's face, and the way the boys crowd around her.

Love this photo!

Funny how the kids are not crowding around the male soldiers--maybe she sets them more at ease? The yellow balloon the kid in the middle is holding is the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited October 24, 2009
    mosack wrote:
    You're absolutely right! Male soldiers get no following like this unless they are handing out candy...mwink.gif

lol3.gif I suppose female soldiers must be a novelty in Afghanistan.
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2009
    Military relations
    She has a couple of things going her way...she's obviously cute, so that helps. Plus she's an adult female who isn't covering her face under a burqua, She's American and a soldier. She had quite the following, for sure! iloveyou.gif
    Richard wrote:
    lol3.gif I suppose female soldiers must be a novelty in Afghanistan.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    mosack wrote:
    She has a couple of things going her way...she's obviously cute, so that helps. Plus she's an adult female who isn't covering her face under a burqua, She's American and a soldier. She had quite the following, for sure! iloveyou.gif

I thought the same thing--It must not be everyday that the male boys can see a tough female out in the open, carrying a deadly weapon no less, yet she is so friendly.
    Liz A.
    _________