Options

Another from today...

thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
edited October 25, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I could have put both of todays offerings in the same thread but I didn't feel like they belonged together. Enjoy. :thumb

691368923_LGxB5-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Travis

Comments

• Options
    edited October 25, 2009
    Page two came fast for this one. I hope that is not indicative of it's content.
    Travis
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Not really feeling this one, Travis. I think you are keying on the fellow in the middle, but the big guy between he and the lady makes it unclear that they are interacting at all (and I'm not really sure that they are since there is another woman partly visible that might be the one).
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited October 25, 2009
    I'm afraid I agree with Andrew. I don't know what is supposed to be attracting my attention, and to be frank, nothing really does. What was your idea here?
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Not really feeling this one, Travis. I think you are keying on the fellow in the middle, but the big guy between he and the lady makes it unclear that they are interacting at all (and I'm not really sure that they are since there is another woman partly visible that might be the one).
    Richard wrote:
    I'm afraid I agree with Andrew. I don't know what is supposed to be attracting my attention, and to be frank, nothing really does. What was your idea here?
    Thanks for the comments, Andrew and Richard. I was unsure about this shot from the beginning but I was hopeful because the day wasn't very productive. I intended to show a differential between the young crowd, who seem to be having a good time, and the older crowd, who seem a little irritable. I can see how that might be hard to pick out, though.
    Travis
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Nice idea, but I can't really find anyone looking like they are having a great time.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Nice idea, but I can't really find anyone looking like they are having a great time.
    I think that's the hard part. To me (I was hoping to you) the overall mood is implied. It was worth the attempt, at least. :D
    Travis
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited October 25, 2009
    thoth wrote:
    I think that's the hard part. To me (I was hoping to you) the overall mood is implied. It was worth the attempt, at least. :D

Absolutely! I think sometimes we all find it hard to separate what we had in mind from what other people will see in our pics. I know I do.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Absolutely! I think sometimes we all find it hard to separate what we had in mind from what other people will see in our pics. I know I do.

To me this image comes quite close, but doesn't quite click. I don't buy the young crowd/old crowd, thing, which I suspect was something that Travis saw but failed to capture. But to me this image is about the three women - left, center, and older woman right side with glasses. Their expressions are related, and I see the hulking guy in the foreground reaching out for the center woman. There's something interesting there, but...ne_nau.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed