Options

#36 (no reptiles, rodents, flesh, dolls or clowns)

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited October 26, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thoughts?

692784184_UVh7q-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Thoughts? ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gifeek7.gif THAT ROPE LOOKS LIKE A SNAKE rolleyes1.gif must have eaten a ratdeal.gif tied it up in knots
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    ummmmm very creepy, gave me chills.... I like it!
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    Definitely creepy and well done!
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    That's creepy alright.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    I like your "warning" lol.

You nailed it Diva--def creepy.

EDIT: Kind of wondering where you learned to tie a noose like that?
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    Simple, well executed, and creepy! I love it.
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2009
    Oh goody! I wasn't sure if it would work or not. I looked up how to tie a noose (google being put to questionable use rolleyes1.gif) and yep -s ure enough. Full instructions. In fact, there are an alarming number of videos on the subject on youtube eek7.gif I threw the rope over my ceiling fan, hoping all the while that nobody could see through the blinds so that the neighbourhood wouldn't be convinced that we're the Psycho House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, anybody have any thoughts for a title? The best I can come up with is "With thanks to Alfred Hitchcock" which totally de-creeps it and makes it kinda funny. Anybody have any ideas to prime the creative pump over here?

ETA: Liz, I just realised I forgot to say no BUGS! Duh - meant to include that too. Sorry bugophobes - didn't meant to leave you out. (Kerry, if you're so moved, by all means add it to my litany of fear-inducing items)
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Now, anybody have any thoughts for a title? The best I can come up with is "With thanks to Alfred Hitchcock" which totally de-creeps it and makes it kinda funny. Anybody have any ideas to prime the creative pump over here?

The only title that comes to mind with the empty chair sitting there is "NEXT!"
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    I looked up how to tie a noose (google being put to questionable use rolleyes1.gif) and yep -s ure enough. Full instructions. In fact, there are an alarming number of videos on the subject on youtube eek7.gif

Now that you mention it, the Internet can be pretty creepy.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    I love your processing! clap.gif

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but being in a seated position and getting hung doesn't jive with me. ne_nau.gifPerhaps try putting some distance between the rope and the chair????
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    I love your processing! clap.gif

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but being in a seated position and getting hung doesn't jive with me. ne_nau.gifPerhaps try putting some distance between the rope and the chair????

HA! I was waiting for somebody to spot that, which was in fact the technical challenge. Trying to throw the shadow accurately was HARD because I could never get it in the right size or place!! This was the best I came up with out of all of them - it took 2 flashes (one for chair and one for rope) and I still wound up with a bunch of stray shadows I had to clone out. I either needed a bigger room, a bigger background, or a bigger/brighter light. Sadly, I have none of them... rolleyes1.gif

Btw, you should like the processing - the final step was that vintage action of yours :D
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Btw, you should like the processing - the final step was that vintage action of yours :D
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

How about a smaller chair? Seriously! nod.gif Try reshooting it in miniature with a doll house-sized chair and use yarn for your noose. mwink.gif Since you're using the shadows to create your composition, who's gonna know besides you and the lamp post? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    I almost wonder if you could make the loop smaller, then it would appear farther from the chair, then of course the chair would appear giant. Do you have a smaller chair? I'm just thinking you could position it the same to get the same shadow effects but just smaller so it looks like there's enough room for someone to stand.

edit...I must have been typing while Linda was posting...

great minds think alike Linda!
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2009
    lilmomma wrote:
    great minds think alike Linda!

I was just about to tell you the same thing. rolleyes1.gif