Options

Challenge #35 Blue - Angela Davis Here =)

Angela DavisAngela Davis Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited October 26, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I would like to first say Thank You soooo much for taking the time to vote for my photo, to be ranked in the #1 spot.. well I gotta be honest I have the biggest smile on my face right now & even my eyes watered up with Joy....
:barb how cool is this!

I would like to give the biggest hug to Gail ( CuriousCamel ) for giving me the push to join DGrin & the Challenges. Gail, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for seeing & believing in me, even if I may have not. I guess when you're in the midst of such talented photographers, you sometimes doubt yourself & what skills you might have. Thank you Gail for your friendship:thumb

I sure am looking forward to making new friends through DGrin... as for what I have seen so far, what an Awesome group of folks here and such kindness has been displayed my way... and I thank you all for that!

I will do my best to go step by step on how I created my photo, but just note I sure don't have the best of cameras..
I have no lighting system...
No studio...
No schooling...
Really nothing at all, LoL ...
But I do have a deep passion for photography :)
And with that said,
Here We Go :deal
and I hope it gives a smile as I am not for sure what to type...

It was very sunny when I took the photo, so I used the bright sunlight through my kitchen window as my lighting. The star bursts that came through on the photo were from the sunshine, and I had no clue that they were there until I downloaded the photo, Which I thought was so very cool as it was not photo shopped but natural.

I use cobalt blue glass baking pans & the same with my glass bowls, and I used both to create the blue. I put the baking pan on my kitchen counter and set one of the bowls inside. I took water and poured it in first, then I cracked an egg and removed the yolk and only used the whites. I very slowly poured the egg whites around in the water. Then to top things off :) I poured, very slowly, vegetable oil, which gave so many of the bubbles.

I had my camera on my tripod all the way down in the bowl. I flipped my setting over to Super Macro and had my lens almost right on top of the liquid.. yes it did make me a tad nervous, LoL but I really dig Macro and I was so pleased when I saw the photo on the computer. It was the effect I was shooting for.

I popped the color some in my program and tweaked a couple of spots where you could see the outline of my kitchen window in the big bubble. I did give it a hard sharpen, but I really wanted the bubbles to be crisp on the edges. Lets see.... I gave a slight dust and saved :ivar

I sure hope I was able to answer some questions on how I did my photo. If I have missed anything or more info is needed on something I might have not typed... holla back at me and I will do my best.
I have a lot of construction going on at my home right now and I am so sorry if it seems to take me awhile to type back, but that should be done soon.

So here's to all the great folks here and a wonderful Friday to us all.. Again, Thanks So Much...
what a way to kick off a TGIF & WeekEnd
:beer
Angela Davis
www.acdavisphotography.com

Across The Universe ACDavis©2009 600x400.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Thanks for the details, Angela! It is great to see that someone with limited equipment, like me, can produce excellent images. Guess I just need to work on the imagination more. :D
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2009
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    Thanks for the details, Angela! It is great to see that someone with limited equipment, like me, can produce excellent images. Guess I just need to work on the imagination more. :D

Thank you so much =) and here all along I thought I should get out of the kitchen more, lol :eat this is just so cool!
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    OK, I have to try that. Very cool looking. Thanks for sharing!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2009
    dlscott56 wrote:
    OK, I have to try that. Very cool looking. Thanks for sharing!thumb.gif

Hello to a Michigan friend :andy thank you!
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Angela,
    When I first saw your shot I wondered how you did it--I never would have guessed it--eggs!!!-- brilliant.

I'm a beginner too, so now I can't use my "newness" as an excuse--you kind of threw that out the window. I have to step up my game!

Thank you.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Very creative, simply ingenius, and beautifully done. Your image is a well deserved winner.thumb.gif

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Excellent job on natural starbursts like that. I don't think i've done that yet! lol! With the amount of time for planning and setup, you were definitely rewarded. That one deserves a frame! Congrats again, and thanks for the behind the scenes. :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    WOW! Well I have to say that I thought this picture was more of a computer generated "Graphic/Photoshop" type image. I would have never guessed it was a macro. Nice work!! Very Very creative. Nice imagination. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the secret!!
  • Options
    SmithySmithy Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    What a fantastic capture of "what's there". These are the kind of photos I love, because I hate excessively ps'd work (adding in composite bits from other photos)... then it feels like you're just drawing, not capturing something that's really there.

Well done, and congratulations... your picture deserves it.
    Fuji X-S10
    Fujifilm Finepix S100fs

and my other hobby... tidewaterforge.com