Options

From WWDC

baldmountainbaldmountain Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited October 27, 2009 in Street and Documentary
This one is from last June at WWDC. One of the things I learned about was Core Image which is Apple's low level image processing framework. Over the weekend I wrote a B&W conversion plugin for Aperture. When I'm finished it will be free and open source. It uses channel mixer to do the conversion, a random generator with Gaussian blur to simulate film grain. The original was a bit noisy and I may have over done the film grain a bit.

693887596_N9K6G-XL.jpg
geoff

Comments

• Options
    edited October 26, 2009
    And the original...

693893267_RzACg-XL.jpg
    geoff
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    This one is from last June at WWDC. One of the things I learned about was Core Image which is Apple's low level image processing framework. Over the weekend I wrote a B&W conversion plugin for Aperture. When I'm finished it will be free and open source. It uses channel mixer to do the conversion, a random generator with Gaussian blur to simulate film grain. The original was a bit noisy and I may have over done the film grain a bit.

Nice try, but I think you overdid the noise quite a bit - and I'd give it more contrast.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Nice try, but I think you overdid the noise quite a bit - and I'd give it more contrast.

I agree, but the point was to let people know that I'm working on a free tool to do B&W conversions for Aperture. It shows I need a 100% view since the preview is not good enough to see the grain properly. I think I'll add the Core Image Sepia filter too. :D
    geoff