Options

MX photo video

nw scoutnw scout Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
edited October 28, 2009 in Sports
Been trying to learn some video.
Found some old pics of some friends from the Hangover Scramble and put it to some music.
Kinda fun playing around in a different creative way.

Don't be to harsh, its my first try.
http://schelske.smugmug.com/Other/Stuff/8915412_3tnpR#694738472_o9Bem-A-LB

I think I will go through all my ad shoots from the year and put something like this together.
Its a good way to pass time while I am in the wheelchair.

Comments

• Options
    Camara Photography, LLCCamara Photography, LLC Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    I really like it. Some of the shots are too tight for my taste, but overall it's a winner. What slideshow software did you use?
  • Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Some of the shots are too tight for my taste, but overall it's a winner.

Do you shoot sports?

More importantly, do you know his history?
  • Options
    Camara Photography, LLCCamara Photography, LLC Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    nipprdog wrote:
    Do you shoot sports?

More importantly, do you know his history?

1. Skiing, as a hobby
    2. Nope
  • Options
    nw scoutnw scout Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    I really like it. Some of the shots are too tight for my taste, but overall it's a winner. What slideshow software did you use?

Ya. Quite a few are to tight. I shot a bunch of verticals at that race, and when it crops in the video edit it makes it really tight. I tried to use the panning feature to loosen it up a bit but its still a little tight overall.
    Fun playing with it though. I just used the new version of IMovie. Once I learn it a bit better I will move on to something with more features.

Tonight I will start on the first of 2 year in review videos.
    The first will be favorite pics from the local races this year.
    If that looks good then I will put together my favorite pics from past jobs.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited October 28, 2009
    Sweet! I just spent some time playing around with iMovie for slideshows. It's a lot of fun and a bit of a PITA but it works pretty well.

Some of the features I like include the ability to make nice transitions, to do very basic audio editing and to make adjustments to things like transition times and display times. That's a lot for a program of its cost.

For more advanced stuff, you might need something different, like Final Cut, but iMovie sure works for a lot.

I liked the video. Nice work!

Hope all's going well.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?