Options

Brown Trouts? Anyone?

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited October 30, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Posted this in the wildlife forum and got no play at all? Sorry for the double post but I guess they don't like fish over there? Just birds that eat fish. Where do you post the fishes?

Here are a few from this past weekend.

691327573_Fzhwu-M.jpg

691328384_YkahF-M.jpg

691324572_fRBdZ-M.jpg

691324734_5BvG3-M.jpg

691332922_MHgiY-L.jpg

6. The Brown Dog
691327057_8CYNb-M.jpg

Mod edit: I deleted a bunch of posts that only talked about the pics not showing.

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Hey there,
    Like your series.
    My favorites are #1(w/ the hook in the mouth and the fish half in half out of the water) and #4 (the fight).

Nice catch! literally and figuratively.

You made me miss fishing--been too long, last time I went oh in 97, I only caught a water moccasin.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    As one of they...I have to say this is a better, more appropriate place, for these images.

The first one is high on the "Cool Shots" category. I really like it.thumb.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 28, 2009
    Sure is a monstrous hook on a pretty little brown. This time of year I'm fishing size 20 and 22's.

You haven't filled in a location, where's this water running??? deal.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    This is the Upper Provo outside of Salt Lake City, UT. Yeah that is a big lure for a tiny fish. But, they go for it. Much smaller ones will too. I have always had much better luck with bigger spinners. Browns are aggressive fish. My favorites are size 9 panther martins. Even though I use bigger lures, I only use barbless hooks for easy release. I don't like what barbed hooks do to fish. I think they should be illegal. And it is more of a challenge too. You really need to keep the pressure on and pay attention.

For these, I shot them by myself. Camera in one hand, pole in the other. It was exciting with the big guys!

Thanks for looking!
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Fishing and taking your own photos -- that is awesome :D

My fav is the 1st and 3rd photo, but the best is your last one. What an expression on your dogs face. Gotta wonder what he/she is thinking thumb.gif
  • Options
    Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Great shots, some nice looking Brownies there.