Options

A few fall colors from Seattle and Portland

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited October 29, 2009 in Landscapes
The first four shots are from the Washington Park Arboretum in Seattle. I woke up at sunrise after 3-4 hours of sleep and a 3 hour drive and wasn't really feeling it. The last two shots are from the Portland Japanese Gardens when I was feeling it (these were taken between some waterfall shots in the gorge), but it was *pouring* rain, and I couldn't keep my lenses (or anything else) dry enough even for a short exposure. The rain really made the colors pop though I wish it would have stopped for a little while after it got everything wet.

Anyway, with those qualifiers, here are the photos, probably my last set of new photos for awhile.

#1:

693989318_jh3p2-XL.jpg

#2:

693986021_8P83R-XL.jpg

#3:

693978798_gwrEF-XL.jpg

#4:

693981706_fGC9e-XL.jpg

#5:

692892683_bFwGy-XL.jpg

#6: The water on my lens did a half-Orton for me, so I did the other half in Photoshop. Not sure if it works or not.

692887991_WfdBb-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    #5 in this set is a clear winner (in my eyes).clap.gifclap.gif

Enjoy your deserved rest while the rest of us try to do something that begins to approach the excellence bar that you have set this year bowdown.gif Congratulations on all your marvelous work Ron.

I for one am off to Moab with my better half. You all know how that is, especially when she does not shoot.

It's going to be cold, but hopefully the weather will allow me to get some purdy shots.

Later,

Dan
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    #5 in this set is a clear winner (in my eyes).clap.gifclap.gif

Enjoy your deserved rest while the rest of us try to do something that begins to approach the excellence bar that you have set this year bowdown.gif Congratulations on all your marvelous work Ron.

I for one am off to Moab with my better half. You all know how that is, especially when she does not shoot.

It's going to be cold, but hopefully the weather will allow me to get some purdy shots.

Later,

Dan

Thanks Dan - much appreciated. I *do* know how that is which is why I usually go solo on these trips lol3.gif

Have fun in Moab, Arches is really cool. And like I mentioned before, watch out for the suicidal bunnies at Canyonlands, they wait for your car to get close before running in front of it.
  • Options
    Picture North CarolinaPicture North Carolina Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    #5! By far! !

SmugMug Gallery | Website | Like my Facebook page, I'll like yours
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    all are amazing....

I really like #1 and its layout
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    I have to agree with Dan. All of these photos are nice, but #5 is really nice!! I am sure enjoying your fall photos with all of the nice colors, because we seemed to have missed out on all of the color this year.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    all are amazing....

I really like #1 and its layout

Thanks, it took me about 45 seconds to arrange that scene :D
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Stunning - I love the colors!!! #2 and 5 are my fave and I like the finish on the last! Really lovely set!iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    #5 gets my vote too--very nicely done! I must've missed some posts somewhere, Ron--why are you taking a break? I love your work so (selfishly) I hope it's not a longgggg break. Thanks for sharing so much of your beautiful area and marvelous talent. Looking forward to more whenever that is!

All the best,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 29, 2009
    Great captures, Ron. I like 2 and 5 the best. thumb.gif

-joel
  • Options
    Mark LedinghamMark Ledingham Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Absolutt stunners - all of them! I particularly like #1 & 5. The colors are just gorgeous. :)
    All the best from northern Norway,
    Mark Ledingham

Please visit Mark Ledingham Photography ...You might just like it!
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    #5 gets my vote too--very nicely done! I must've missed some posts somewhere, Ron--why are you taking a break? I love your work so (selfishly) I hope it's not a longgggg break. Thanks for sharing so much of your beautiful area and marvelous talent. Looking forward to more whenever that is!

All the best,
    Lauren

Dan was referring to a facebook post so you didn't miss anything :D

I've been shooting at a ridiculous pace since basically June. I just need to take a break so I don't get burnt out, and so I can tend to things that I've completely neglected (which is just about everything but photography). I can't remember the last weekend I spent at home when I wasn't on-call for example.

I'm not going anywhere, just slowing the pace down a little bit. Summer and Autumn are always the busiest times of the year.

Thanks to all for your comments!
  • Options
    thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Totally awesome colors and comps, as usual! Great job! clap.gifthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    I'm all in favor of taking a break to avoid burnout--and sometimes it's hard to know when to do that. I hope you get some rest and are able to regenerate your batteries over the winter. But do shoot an occasional snowflake for me, will ya? :D

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com