Options

PGA US Open - Bethpage Black

nikonronnikonron Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited October 28, 2009 in Sports
Just joined this forum and since I love golf so much thought I'd post a few pics from practice rounds at this years US Open at Bethpage Black Golf course on Long Island ...
All were taken with a Nikon D300 and 70-300 VR

1. Phil Mickelson teeing off # 10 --

phil1.jpg

# 2 -- some guy named Woods ---

tiger1.jpg

# 3 -- Jim Furyk on the practice range --

furyk.jpg

# 4 -- heading under the granstands on # 18 --

18stand.jpg

# 5 -- Panorama overlooking # 10 fairway & # 18 green (taken with Sigma 10-20) --

18pano.jpg

# 6 -- Young Rory McIlroy off # 12 --

rory.jpg

# 7 -- that Woods guy again ---

tigertee.jpg

Hope you enjoy and have tons more if anybody would like to see more , plus some LPGA tournaments as well ...

ron

Comments

• Options
    jm94085jm94085 Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Hey Ron...just curious if something happend when you cropped those pics as they're coming across a bit distorted?? Kind of like what happens when you try to watch a 4:3 video and stretch it across a 16:9 widescreen?

Anyway...here's one that I took a few weeks ago at The Presidents Cup.

That Woods guy again:
    691467168_qbKye-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Nice shots, Ron, but how did you manage to miss all the rain? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    john,
    yeh you're right about the pics ...
    I thought they looked abit strange when I resized them .. that's what I get for hurrying mwink.gif

On a side note I enjoyed your President's Cup shots ... would love to get back out to SF some day ...

ron
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    " Nice shots, Ron, but how did you manage to miss all the rain? headscratch.gif "

Well I had tickets for Mon-Tue & Wed. practice rounds but did'nt go at all on Monday because of the forecast and just drove down the 3 1/2 hrs during the afternoon and went to the hotel ...
    Tues was cool but dry and Wed was a nice day .... got lucky on those 2 days for sure ...

ron
  • Options
    jm94085jm94085 Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Thanks Ron...yeah it was a fairly nice 6 days out here for practice and the tournament. Although the fog decided to roll in the last couple of days and it got quite cold.

But with my love of golf and photography...having the ability to do both at the same time it was a blast!!

Cheers,
    John
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    Yeah John I feel the same way ...
    Love to play and watch golf and being able to photograph the worlds best is a real blast ...
    Being from the Northeast I've been fortunate to have gotten a ton of pictures at the '03 PGA Championship at Oak Hill CC , the '05 PGA Championship at Baltustrol CC , the '06 US Open at Winged Foot , the '07 US Open at Oakmont and this years US Open at Bethpage and the Turning Stone Championships the last 2 years ...
    Also love the LPGA tour and have photographed at the '05 US Open at Newport CC , the '07 US Open at Pine Needles CC , the '08 LPGA Championship at Bulle Rock CC and the '09 Wegman's in Rochester ...

The Turning Stone Championship is 1 hr. away and the Wegmans and Oak Hill CC are less than 3 hrs. away ... Winged Foot, Baltustrol and Bethpage all about 3 hrs. away so I've been pretty fortunate lately especially with major championships ...
    I enjoy the practice rounds but it's tough to get a player by him/herself without coaches etc. around .... but I've certainly seen some beautiful and historic courses over the last 4 years ...

ron