Options

dana + jeff | BESTCUPCAKESEVER

patfureyphotopatfureyphoto Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited October 29, 2009 in Weddings
hey guys, shot this exactly a week ago from today. a really great couple, epic cupcakes, and some good light. big thanks to ted for coming out and shooting with me again. your work is getting better and better. :) the stuff you got was awesome.:clap

as always, check the blog post for the full story.
http://patfureyblog.com

dpy4k2.jpg
2e5po45.jpg
2v8pw6t.jpg
2ewjj9s.jpg
2rnd5k7.jpg
4ggt5i.jpg
dcsn7p.jpg
w0szrq.jpg
2gy4zt2.jpg
124ttw2.jpg
nwadrp.jpg
2itrn12.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    You forgot to include a pic of the GREATEST CUPCAKE(s)!!!! I think we should have asked one of the daughters to model their hands for us with the cupcakes...

Not wanting to hijack the thread but..

http://www.emeralddreamsphotography.com/photos/676940332_zh9nX-M.jpg
    Something like that... I wonder who had the audacity to try to snag a cupcake! Sheeesh!

Dude her house IS big! eek7.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    Nice work!!! There is something about that table shot that is just over the top fab, I like the car shot and the one of him looking at her with the veil off to the side. Nice! --Lisa
    Lisa
    My Website
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    One thing that always astounds me: You break all the rules and make it look AWESOME! Howdoyoudoit? Loving your style.
  • Options
    digger2digger2 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    Great
    Back to basics wedding photography. Pictures posed with subjects that people want to see. The only minor critique is on the shot of the table setting. The cloth has a seam running in it that draws the eyeclap.gif
  • Options
    christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Great!
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    First two are just stunning and different! Love! And i always try to do that sort of light on the table shots and never seem to get it right. Fantastic. And Ted, great job as well.

I think I might have my trash the dress team... Ted will have to fill you in. :D
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    okay great set as usual Pat..one technical question..the mirror shot. The how the hell did you get the mirror frame OOF but the subject in the mirror in focus?

I guess the the DOF when shooting off a mirror is based on the subject in the mirror no the mirror plane itself?
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    okay great set as usual Pat..one technical question..the mirror shot. The how the hell did you get the mirror frame OOF but the subject in the mirror in focus?

I guess the the DOF when shooting off a mirror is based on the subject in the mirror no the mirror plane itself?

Since Pat doesn't often answer questions on his threads I will take this one! Yes... AF bounces off a mirror. Well, modern DSLR AF anyways! If you wanted to get the plane of the mirror in focus you could focus on the frame or the wall which would render the subject reflected in the mirror OOF.
    I assume you have a mirror at home Qarik! Try it out!!! This is one of those places where our eyes > brain does some autoprocessing that makes it hard to understand this concept as it relates to the absolutes of photography.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Great use of negative space on some of these.
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.