Options

Where to find release forms

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited October 29, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
I've been reading some past posts and couldn't find what I was looking for. I know this is a rehash many times over, but if someone could just quickly point me in the direction of release forms that I can print out. I need to have some copies with me as I've never used them before, but think its time I do.

I thank you many times over :D

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 28, 2009
    you haven't checked the PHOTOG RESOURCES sticky thread at the top of the MYOB forum.
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    Angelo wrote:
    you haven't checked the PHOTOG RESOURCES sticky thread at the top of the MYOB forum.

Nope I didn't, but now I have :D

Thanks Angelo thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    Angelo wrote:

I just read through some of this information and the notary seal has me confused. Knowing me I probably missed what that's all about in my reading. Does a notary need to be present when the paper is signed or do I need to become a nortary???????
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    it means a notary is to be present at signing (if and when necessary)

notaries are everywhere. there are even mobile notary services in many parts of the country charging $10 on average per signature.
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    Angelo wrote:
    it means a notary is to be present at signing (if and when necessary)

notaries are everywhere. there are even mobile notary services in many parts of the country charging $10 on average per signature.

So I do need a notary to sign the print outs I found on one of the links? Do all release forms require a notary?

I need something that can be signed when I take a photograph. Hunting down a notary isn't something I thought needed to be done. EX. last night I was in the neighborhood taking photos of some guys skateboarding. I would like to have a release signed before I put them on the site. If I had the release forms then I would then need to find a notary around 11pm.
  • Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    So I do need a notary to sign the print outs I found on one of the links? Do all release forms require a notary?

I need something that can be signed when I take a photograph. Hunting down a notary isn't something I thought needed to be done. EX. last night I was in the neighborhood taking photos of some guys skateboarding. I would like to have a release signed before I put them on the site. If I had the release forms then I would then need to find a notary around 11pm.

[IANAL]
    You need a release if you are going to use them in an advertizement. Using or even selling prints on your website doesn't need a release.

A release doesn't need to be notarized. Google will find tons of sample releases.[/IANAL]
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    JohnBiggs wrote:
    [IANAL]
    You need a release if you are going to use them in an advertizement. Using or even selling prints on your website doesn't need a release.

A release doesn't need to be notarized. Google will find tons of sample releases.[/IANAL]

Thank you for the information John :D
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    you seemed to miss the part where I said "if and when necessary"

notarizing is just an additional precautionary step to take to protect yourself but I really can't remember ever coming across any.
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    Angelo wrote:
    you seemed to miss the part where I said "if and when necessary"

notarizing is just an additional precautionary step to take to protect yourself but I really can't remember ever coming across any.

No I didn't miss out on the "if and when necessary" I was just confused on the "when" it is necessary. Its just my wanting to make sure I do it right and I've covered all my bases.

I do thank-you Angelo for your help and the sticky you lead me to had a wealth of information thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    No I didn't miss out on the "if and when necessary" I was just confused on the "when" it is necessary. Its just my wanting to make sure I do it right and I've covered all my bases.

I do thank-you Angelo for your help and the sticky you lead me to had a wealth of information thumb.gif

I think, as with any contract or valued document, you use a notary to absolutely ensure there will be no argument as to the knowledge and agreement of the signators.
  • Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Angelo wrote:
    I think, as with any contract or valued document, you use a notary to absolutely ensure there will be no argument as to the knowledge and agreement of the signators.

sure. You can have any document notarized. Like a field trip permission slip.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures