Options

football team and individual opportunity

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited October 29, 2009 in Sports
i had a friend call me about doing team an individual shots of his football team.

What advice / tips do you have for me? I use smugmug, can I just sell pics a la cart on there, or is there a better way?

Comments

• Options
    GringriffGringriff Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    i had a friend call me about doing team an individual shots of his football team.

What advice / tips do you have for me? I use smugmug, can I just sell pics a la cart on there, or is there a better way?
    I too am about to do the same thing (but for a swim team) for the first time. After giving out the print prices, the coach and parents asked "But we didn't see anything about your packages". I am thinking "What packages, I don't have packages". However, I realized this was going to be a deal breaker so now I will have a hybrid system. Online proofs and self fulfillment packages. Oh boy, not what I had planned for but I am going to give it a try. I know it is going to be a logistics mess but I am hoping for the best. Good luck to you.
    Andy
    http://andygriffinphoto.com/
    http://andygriffin.smugmug.com/
    Canon 7D, 70-200mm L, 50 and 85 primes, Tamron 17-50, 28-135
  • Options
    PixNWPixNW Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Take a look at what Millers or others may be able to offer. Many have online proofing available, and you can build your own packages.
    Canon 1D Mark IIN
    Canon 350D
    24-70 2.8L
    70-200 2.8L IS
    580EX II
    1.4x Extender
    Gitzo 3531 w/ RRS BH-55 Ballhead
    RRS L-Plate, quick release clamp and plates
  • Options
    tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    #1 get money up front.

#2 find someone to do your packages, or set up an action in PS to do it...
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • Options
    MX-ActionShotsMX-ActionShots Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    For strictly Team & Individual (T&I) jobs, I have been using
    www.midwestsportslab.com

The packages the parents are asking about, are buttons, magnets, etc... as well as the memory mates, for the actual T&I photo.

You can set your own package prices, what's included in the package, what's ale carte etc.. and they will supply you with advertising material for free, order envelopes for $.13 each.

As stated by another reply, GET THE $$ UPFRONT!!!!

T&I shooting is a whole different photography business than say portrait or sports shooting.mwink.gif