michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited October 30, 2009 in Street and Documentary
417824499_TEpR7-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Whoa, that's a bunch of garlic! :D

I'm afraid this shot doesn't say much to me either, Jennifer. The subjects are all quite static and, since their staring at the camera, don't hold much interest. I do love your work but I don't think this one is up to your standards. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Ah! Garlic! My favourite food!

Love the subject, but I'm not too sure about the colour; way too much blue (or magenta) for my taste. I think I'd prefer B&W, or more yellow perhaps?

Love the details (fan, gloves, mask, plastic cup… …blank expressions?)

Gilroy, CA? (my Mecca :D )

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Agreed that the subjects are static. They weren't afterwards, not that that matters. It's one of my earlier 'street' shots. They became upset after seeing me. I don't speak Korean, but they weren't happy. It's from 2007 and what's kept me interested is the colour and the contact. Pinks and blues with everything else being washed.

It's also been a component of learning how to handle incandescent lights in the foreground. I might try a rework in B&W if the comp & subject justifies.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Agreed that the subjects are static. They weren't afterwards, not that that matters. It's one of my earlier 'street' shots. They became upset after seeing me. I don't speak Korean, but they weren't happy. It's from 2007 and what's kept me interested is the colour and the contact. Pinks and blues with everything else being washed.

It's also been a component of learning how to handle incandescent lights in the foreground. I might try a rework in B&W if the comp & subject justifies.

I wouldn't waste my time reworking this one in bw.rolleyes1.gif You've got plenty of much better images to sink your time into.mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed