Options

Selective color how to?

GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
edited October 31, 2009 in Finishing School
Ok I'm a idiot....been so long since I did this I forgot how I did it! :scratch

Was super simple.......drag sliders all to one side to make B&W and select brush and repaint in color.

All the tips I find around are all complicated......this was simple.....so simple I forgot! :D
Kick start my brain please!!
Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    Ok I'm a idiot....been so long since I did this I forgot how I did it! headscratch.gif

Was super simple.......drag sliders all to one side to make B&W and select brush and repaint in color.

All the tips I find around are all complicated......this was simple.....so simple I forgot! :D
    Kick start my brain please!!

Create an adjustment B&W layer and than use brush on the mask to restore the color where needed;

You can also pre-create that mask by selecting certain areas, e.g. Selective color;-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited October 31, 2009
    I create a copy of my background layer with ctrl-J. I then convert the copied layer to B&W by whatever technique you use ( channel mixer or whatever plug in you use )

I then activate the History brush ( it is in your PS toolbar ) and set it to sample the background layer. Now activate your edited B&W layer, and you can paint the color of the original image back into your image like it never was B&W. Use a smaller brush and your image at 200% + and it is easy peasy!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    Thanx Guys!
    Sux to get old I tell ya!! rolleyes1.gif
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/