699357161_mJPgK-XL.jpg

699356772_eGFi9-XL.jpg

699357463_UkgTt-XL.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    nice shots, BIG love for the 101 dalmatians-shot.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    rutt wrote:

Really terrific group of shots - except for Miss Piggy - which, to me, is just a photo of someone in a Miss Piggy costume. But the others all capture more. Especially this one - which is an absolute classic -
    699357161_mJPgK-XL.jpg

And these two - which are also really special

699355629_AZ7Wk-XL.jpg

699356772_eGFi9-XL.jpg

You've really outdone yourself bringing all this back from one shoot. :Dclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    A very good grouping, overall. #2 would benefit from removing the blemishes from the lady's coat....they cause needless distraction. The hand in the little girl shot...off to the left in the picture....adds nothing. Perhaps you could have framed differently to get rid of it.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2009
    A very good grouping, overall. #2 would benefit from removing the blemishes from the lady's coat....they cause needless distraction. The hand in the little girl shot...off to the left in the picture....adds nothing. Perhaps you could have framed differently to get rid of it.

Removing the "blemishes" would radically alter this photo. The "blemishes" tell us something about the subject. This kind of shooting is not about perfecting images with post processing - it's about capturing life as we observe it. :D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Gee, B.D., you aren't a complete sucker for Miss Piggy? Isn't there anything she could do to make you love her?

699615366_F5jph-XL.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Great series. Love #2 & #4.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    2,3, and 8 make me happy. I agree with BD about 8 being a classic. The profile and the OOF dog man work so well.
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    Great set - my favorites are the ferocious tiger (#1) and the dad w/child on shoulders for some reason.
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    Gee, B.D., you aren't a complete sucker for Miss Piggy? Isn't there anything she could do to make you love her?

699615366_F5jph-XL.jpg

I think you miss my point on Miss Piggy - Miss Piggy is delightful. But the first shot was nothing but a Miss Piggy costume. This one's better, but still doesn't touch the others photographically. Sorry, Miss Piggy! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    699357161_mJPgK-XL.jpg

This one is a masterpiece in a "Tri-X" sort of way. Very nice grain to add to the effect...

Yikes, I have family that lives on Cuttyhunk year-round. Not sure if they might have been hiding in the streets here looking to counter the effects of in-breeding...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    I think you miss my point on Miss Piggy - Miss Piggy is delightful. But the first shot was nothing but a Miss Piggy costume. This one's better, but still doesn't touch the others photographically. Sorry, Miss Piggy! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

People have told me for years that I should use emoticons but as time has gone by I've become ever more stubborn about it. Seems like people will either get the joke or it wasn't really worth getting. This seems to have been a case of the latter.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    HoofClix wrote:
    This one is a masterpiece in a "Tri-X" sort of way. Very nice grain to add to the effect...

Yikes, I have family that lives on Cuttyhunk year-round. Not sure if they might have been hiding in the streets here looking to counter the effects of in-breeding...

I sailed the Elizabeth Islands many times on week-long journeys out of Marblehead when I lived in the area. Living on Cuttyhunk year-round is very much a commitment.
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    My 85 year old uncle is one of the fishing boat captains up there. He's a zillionaire in retirement. The day-trippers hire him to go out over the rocks, then slip him a twenty at the end of the day for his effort!

Must go back there with my camera someday.. Must also go back to Jing-An Park someday...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    HadsHads Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 22, 2009
    Can I order a photograph from you?
    Hi! My husband and son are the pirates in your photograph and I'd like to order the photo. Can I order it from you somehow?? Great photo!!!
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2009
    Hads wrote:
    Hi! My husband and son are the pirates in your photograph and I'd like to order the photo. Can I order it from you somehow?? Great photo!!!

Sure. Visit this gallery.

You can email me if you want to discuss further.
    If not now, when?