Options

Conversation

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited November 1, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Talking or enjoying the quiet?

1st real attempt at street style.
Saw these 2 while setting up for a night shoot. Couldn't get a better angle as they are right next to a river.
Shot iso200, f5.3, 4sec.

C&C please.
699207789_4aEAr-L.jpg
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Like it. It's contemplative. The angle of the shot gives the relationship between the two an ambiguous feeling.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Very nice composition and good B&W conversion.

Not enough body language here to hook me without faces, though.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    rutt wrote:

True. But lovely and, as Jen noted, contemplative. That, coupled with the composition and tonality does it for me.
    clap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Like it. It's contemplative. The angle of the shot gives the relationship between the two an ambiguous feeling.

Thanks michswiss. It was the question about the relationship that attracted me to the shot. They were already seated when I arrived and given the light levels (it was well into twilight) I couldn't see faces or body language.

Thanks rutt. I understand your comment about the lack of body language & faces, however it was just that ambiguity that attracted me. I wondered what the back story was.

I can't take credit for the conversion I'm afraid. It was shot b&w jpeg and then leveled etc in pp. Since I started lurking around this forum I tend to carry my camera set to b&w just in case.

True. But lovely and, as Jen noted, contemplative. That, coupled with the composition and tonality does it for me.

Thank you B.D. for the generous comments . I felt there was something about it but wasn't sure, which lets be honest is why we learners post things - to see if our gut is right or wrong.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams