Options

Move multiple photos problems

timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
edited November 3, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I was moving a bunch of pics out of one gallery into a number of other galleries, and on multiple occasions the 'pic selection' process reset itself - ie the red square around previously selected images went away and I had to re-select those images in order to move them. :huh

No pattern I could discern that would give SM support a repeatable process though. :dunno
  • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 3, 2009
    This usually happens if you click really fast when selecting the photos and then miss a photo while clicking. For some reason the browser takes that misclick as starting over with the selections. I have been able to replicate it and that was the only way I could get it to happen. There was another issue where if you moved the mouse while clicking it would cause a similar odd behavior. Our programmers added a little delay to the page to prevent it from happening. So I don't think that is the issue here.

Try slowing down a little and see if that helps any.

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    Doc's correct, any click anywhere on page can unselect all the thumbs selected.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    After the first time when only 4 images were moved instead of the 20+ I thought I'd selected, I slowed down and was clicking at a methodical pace, making sure I was hitting the images, and it still happened.

I don't know whether or not I was moving my mouse when the problem happened on later tries.

If I could use my keyboard to move and select (ala windows explorer), then the clicks wouldn't be necessary. :D
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc