Options

Fall Baby Shoot

kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
edited November 3, 2009 in People
Okay, in sticking with the Fall/Halloween posting madness :D Here are a few 9 month shots. Let me know what you think! The "statesman" closeup pose #1 is both in color and b/w (he is definately doing his best politician pose here). I'm not sure what works better. I did love the bokeh and his sweater rim matching, but maybe it is still a stronger image in b/w. Thoughts and comments much appreciated!

Almostbw.jpg

Chubbypumpkin.jpg

CutestEvan-1.jpg

Evanlittlepumkin-1.jpg

Evanthestatesmancolor_edited-1-1.jpg

Fallcolors_cropped.jpg

Favoritehalloween.jpg

PumpkinKing_edited-1.jpg

Sweetevan_edited-1.jpg

pumpy_edited-2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    Really sweet images! #9 also has that regal air to it. Looks like he's watching his loyal subjects entertain him, but he's so bored by it....

I think I like 2 & 6 best of the rest, but they are all cute...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    Me, I'm liking 2, 4, and 6. I just tend to like hats...I think they add a lot to the look. Nice post processing. Looks like you had really good light. Good work.

I got to get some winter hats...

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback Ed and Andrew! I'm glad the hat shots look good. :D The lighting was overcast afternoon. All shot at 2,8 on my 50 prime, no flash. Thanks for the comments!!iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    Beautiful lighting! And those eyes!
    Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • Options
    GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    Fstoplife wrote:
    Beautiful lighting! And those eyes!

I agree, the lighting is GREAT. Awesome job!
  • Options
    JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    These are great shots, and it looks like your subject was a good sport, putting up with wardrobe changes and all

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.
  • Options
    OobersOobers Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    They are super shots but #9 stands out to me - love the composition, focus and lighting clap.gif. Well done on all of them.
    Oobers
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2009
    Thank you to everyone who took the time to comment :D I feel fortunate to have these shots, he is usually off and crawling in about 5 seconds but the ground was wet and he was probabally just wondering why his legs were beginning to feel wet and cold. I loved how the wet ground made the pumpkin jump off the page (not mine, the real one). THX again to all.
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2009
    Also..just wondering if anyone has anything negative to say....Any thoughts on how to improve these? I know I broke the rule of 1/3s in a few (I actually post cropped a few when breaking the rule as I liked them better this way). Seriously would appreciate any thought on how to improve this type of shot.
  • Options
    metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    I love the post processing and general feel of these images. I like it when people break the rule of thirds sometimes.

Here is a little nit (only because you really wanted it and take it with a grain of salt because I'm still learning myself). Be careful of cutting off his feet. Not sure if you did it in crop or didn't get it in the first place. Sometimes cutting off extremities works and looks intentional and sometimes it looks like you just didn't quite get them in the frame. I know with kids being so active it can be difficult and sometimes I'm just happy to capture what I got.

Beautiful set. thumb.gif
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    Very nicely done! thumb.gif #6 and #10 are my favorites.