Options

GFC anybody?

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited November 3, 2009 in Go Figure
OK, guys, now that we can actually post here without bugging our esteemed mods for approval each time, how about having some fun? And by that I mean a friendly Go Figure Competition. Or Challenge. Starts with "C" anyway :-).
Very informal. Very artistic. Very "Hamburg style". Obviously no monetary prizes at this point, just some bragging rights.

We can sure discuss details ad nauseum, but if you like the idea in general, let's start working it out:

GFC#1: Halloween Vixen (and|or|vs) Harvest Queen 2009 (18+)
  • Image(s) must be taken and all processing be done between Sep 1 2009 and Oct 30 2009 your local time. You probably will not be disqualified over being one hour late, but no last year archives and week late entries.
  • One entry per participant/team (yes, you can team up, say photgrapher + PS wizard)
  • Please, spare your fellow GF-ers from trick-or-treating or pumpkin-patch snapshots.
  • Since it's GF, image must actually fit 18+ category. Please observe other GF rules before submitting.
  • Grand reveal time: Halloween, Oct 31. We will have a single thread to post your entries close to this date.
  • Feel free to post your ideas in your own threads if you must. Please prefix them "GFC1" (or "GFC#1") to indicate it's a potential entry.
  • We will figure out judging and other stuff as we go. Please use this thread to discuss, express ideas, etc.
I have already started thinking. Have you? :wink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    SmithySmithy Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    I'm thinking I wish I knew a model who'd pose "GF" style for me.
    Fuji X-S10
    Fujifilm Finepix S100fs

and my other hobby... tidewaterforge.com
  • Options
    Smithy wrote:
    I'm thinking I wish I knew a model who'd pose "GF" style for me.
    That's why you have 6 weeks :-)
  • Options
    Oh, I can see it now.

"Excuse me, I'd like to photograph you for a Halloween contest."

"Sure."

"Naked."

-SLAP-

... repeat for 6 weeks ne_nau.gif or, is there a better way of going about this that I just haven't thought of?
    Fuji X-S10
    Fujifilm Finepix S100fs

• Options
    Smithy wrote:
    Oh, I can see it now.
    "Sure."
    "Naked."
    -SLAP-
    ... repeat for 6 weeks ne_nau.gif or, is there a better way of going about this that I just haven't thought of?
    FWIW, It took me a while to get even to the first "Sure" :-) rolleyes1.gif
    Well, to tell you the truth, if you didn't shoot nude material before, chances of finding a willing model, at least free of charge, on such a short notice, are fairly slim. ne_nau.gif It typically doesn't happen overnight. It takes either time (or money). deal.gif
    My honest advice: don't sweat this. There is a reason I posted this challenge in GF and not in People forum. I'm not trying to push anybody into "adult photography". I am simply suggesting having some friendly competition with those who are already doing it anyway... If you manage find somebody willing to play - by all means, join in thumb.gif ; if not - no biggie, there will be another one... iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2009
    Oh, believe me, I don't feel pressured. Just wishful.
    Fuji X-S10
    Fujifilm Finepix S100fs

• Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    :smo I'm thinking.... Yes I will see what I can put together.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    great Idea Nik...so the rules have changed here a bit?? I found it quite smothering as well as many of us had strayed from the initial modality...so, game on~mwink.gif
    tom wise
  • Options
    Sean, Tom, great to have you guys onboard! thumb.gif
  • Options
    WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    I will do my best... we are harvesting... so ill take a chance on that!

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    Smithy wrote:
    Oh, I can see it now.

"Sure."

"Naked."

-SLAP-

The first time I did this, I hired a model. I was more nervous than her. I made certain to put together tasteful and intriguing photos. I shared those ( over time) with folks who were interested or thought nude could be an art. They then asked me to shoot them. Voila~
    tom wise
  • Options
    angevin1 wrote:
    The first time I did this, I hired a model. I was more nervous than her. I made certain to put together tasteful and intriguing photos. I shared those ( over time) with folks who were interested or thought nude could be an art. They then asked me to shoot them. Voila~
    That's one way to do it. thumb.gif
    "Build it, and they will come!" deal.gif
    Starting anything is always hard, and we all start in different ways and for different reasons. Important thing is to "have it in you" and to "keep going"...
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2009
    OK,
    #1 didn't work out. I myself experienced a strange string of bad luck - several models I planned for this theme cancelled the very last possible moment...ne_nau.gif
    And now People has it's own challenges, but GF-type images are not allowed...headscratch.gif OK, never worry... We'll keep it local...
    Watch for #2 :-)mwink.gif
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    And now People has it's own challenges, but GF-type images are not allowed...headscratch.gif
    Do you think there are enough Go Figure shooters to start a separate challenge?

What if we run one simultaneously here, exactly like the one in People? Same rules, themes, etc?
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    Do you think there are enough Go Figure shooters to start a separate challenge?
    What if we run one simultaneously here, exactly like the one in People? Same rules, themes, etc?
    I honestly don't know... I'd say there are less than a dozen. But you know, sometimes nobody comes to WA for weeks, it doesn't stop me to put new ones from time to time:-) Let's see how this one goes, and if it doesn't, then we'll try merged ones... Cause, you know, Red is dangerously close to Pink, and considering GF specifics...;-) Let's keep it separate for now:-)thumb.gif