Options

Oil Wrestling

SnapLocallySnapLocally Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
edited November 3, 2009 in Sports

Comments

• Options
    JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    I love the quality and lighting of all of your shots. I will confess that the most interesting part of these shots is looking at the expressions of the guys in the background, you can practically read their minds.rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    HA! Looks like a fun shoot. The gals were having fun too. Reminds me of when I shot womens coleslaw wrestling

Your shots are really good for what I guess is challenging lighting
    Rags
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2009
    This photoshoot aside, I'm ashamed to admit this, but this dungeon of a venue almost inspired me to spend over $1000 on either a new lens or a new camera. I had shot there before, and couldn't even get a decent shot shooting at f/2 at iso 3200.

Since then, I've purchased a used Sigma 30 f/1.4 for $325 (and I'm glad I did). *However* I didn't realize that venue also has a dimmer. It helped me immensely when I just said to the owner

"Hey, can I get these lights any brighter?"

He shows me the light panel on the wall.

"Go ahead and adjust the lights for whatever you need."

Don't get me wrong- the lighting is still sub par on just about every level, but I'm glad I didn't go off the deep end to accommodate this place when my confidence was shaken by a shitty shoot that never made me a dime in the first place.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited November 1, 2009
    Jacobovs wrote:
    I will confess that the most interesting part of these shots is looking at the expressions of the guys in the background

There were guys in the background? headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    SUMGUYSUMGUY Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    I wonder why in shot 6, all the guys are sitting the same way? :D. looks like a fun time. As usual awesome shots.

Cheers
    Scott
  • Options
    ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    :jawdrop WOW!!! I've said it before and will say it again. You are great at post. I don't know what you do but you have your own style and I like it. If i saw one of your pics mixed in with some others, I could easily pic yours out. Well done sir!

I didn't have a clue there were guys in the background until the other poster said something about it, then I went back and noticed them!! Haha
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2009
    Sweet. Thanks guys.

16.jpg
  • Options
    ed_hed_h Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    SUMGUY wrote:
    I wonder why in shot 6, all the guys are sitting the same way? :D. looks like a fun time. As usual awesome shots.

Cheers
    Scott

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    A dog is for life, not just Christmas
    http://www.dogshome.org.au/