Options

D200 partial sensor failure?

teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
edited November 4, 2009 in Cameras
Sorry I just answered my own question. There is nothing wrong with either of my wonderful D200's. Just non preferred JPG compression setting. M

I have two D200 body's they are great cameras. One of them has a 54950 shutter count. If I take the same (tried two different cards) 4gig CF card format it in each camera the number of max images displayed is different.

Does this sound like something has failed?

Suspect camera has 54950 shutter count
Have updated firm ware
Both cameras settings are same (triple checked)

Thank you for your time. Mark

The second D200 has 142743 shutter count
“I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
— Lord Byron

Comments

• Options
    jrmyrnsmjrmyrnsm Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    how far off are the numbers for the two cameras? I have two D200s as well and when I use the same 4gb card and am shooting raw one camera says I have 241 images and the other says 239 so I dont think its necessarily a problem.
    Georgia based wedding photographer shooting all Fuji and loving every second of it!

My Website My Blog DPChallenge
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2009
    jrmyrnsm wrote:
    how far off are the numbers for the two cameras? I have two D200s as well and when I use the same 4gb card and am shooting raw one camera says I have 241 images and the other says 239 so I dont think its necessarily a problem.

One is 671 the other is 449 thats Large/Fine

I use the one with less shutter count more... lately it seems like I deleting more images. I was thinking to myself "how can I be getting worse at this"? Mark

Raw the both say 240?
    — Lord Byron
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2009
    One is 671 the other is 449 thats Large/Fine

I use the one with less shutter count more... lately it seems like I deleting more images. I was thinking to myself "how can I be getting worse at this"? Mark

Raw the both say 240?

Could it have something to do with jpg compression? M

OK just call me Homer.... I answered my own question. Not sure how I changed it but the JPG compression was set to Size Priority. Maybe a menu reset in the field a my last race... Sorry. M
    — Lord Byron