Options

Terry and Cary - Wedding at Glacier Point

tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
edited November 5, 2009 in Weddings
From last weeks wedding... Terry and Cary married at Glacier Point in Yosemite. Amazing wedding with amazing people.

terry_cary-3.jpg

terry_cary-9.jpg

terry_cary-13.jpg

terry_cary-19.jpg

terry_cary-11.jpg

terry_cary-21.jpg

terry_cary-25.jpg

terry_cary-27.jpg

terry_cary-37.jpg

terry_cary-39.jpg

More on the blog, but of course you knew that :)

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    A b s o l u t e l y LOVE! the last one on the stairs.

#2 & 5 are fabulous too!

Ten, I am just so glad you hang around us grinners for inspiration!
  • Options
    MishkaMishka Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Wow...these are gorgeous. What a beautiful setting. Love the ring shot...but I can't tell what it's on...looks like dishes?? And I agree with Heather...love that stairs shot.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Nice series. Some creative shots here, well done.
    I like the last one as well. I love the tight crop pano shots when they are done this well!
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Yeah... you do some really fine work, and I will echo Heather's sentiment on having you as a contributing member of this forum. We are all greatly benefited by yourself and others who really raise the bar around here.

I'm going with a gigantic abacus for #2... did I win?

Other than 4 I think these are all wonderful. Sun just looks so harsh on that guy. you got your light even, but this one is not quite on par with the others imho. Was your light on the other side of the stone wall?, I see no fall off into the abyss and I see no tell tale shadowing on the stone.

5,6, and 10 are my faves. 5 because it feels so homey and comfortable. That huge welcoming porch and a b&g doing their own thing enjoying the day. Absolutely superb!!!

6 is also wonderfully done showing a big fluffy cloud kinda day and just enough veil to let us know it was a wedding day shot. Just enough of your subjects to let us know that they are together on this wonderful day and just enough rock wall to let us know they weren't downtown. The very definition of "simple yet elegant" imo!

10 is wonderful due to the symmetry of the converging lines and is highlighted by the wide lens and the crop. Rule of thirds scmule of scmirds right! A perfect example of how a centered image can be perfectly executed and have massive artistic appeal.

thanks for showing these to us!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Really great set! The last one is def the shizznit! thumb.gif
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Thanks everyone! The rings are actually on an old radiator that supplies heat for their hotel room. I tried about three different ring shots throughout the day, but this was my visual favorite.

Matt, your right on #4, the light across his face is too even and lacking drama. He was leaning out into the sun and I pushed light onto him from inside the building to knock down the shadows, but I went too far with it. I realized later (when I looked at it on my computer) that I should have rim lit him, which would have given him better separation from the dark room and still allowed for drama on his face.
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    WOW! What an amazing setting. You did an excellent job capturing their special day :D

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX