700064296_cG7Xt-L.jpg

700130297_T7dzm-L.jpg
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• Options
    RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Wow, those morning shots are terrific! I absolutely love that rainbow. I never get a chance for a picture like that. It seems like everytime I see a rainbow I'm in the car stuck in traffic or something. :cry
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    The story of the rainbow is fun. I had gone out at sunrise to sit at the base of the lighthouse in the 2nd picture. I had my 70-200 on the camera and was watching for scallop boats going out on the first day of the season. There were dark clouds overhead. After a few minutes, I looked behind me and saw these amazing rays radiating from the horizon opposite the sunrise. The zoom was too long to capture them. I was debating making the half-mile walk back to the car to get the 17-35mm lens, when all of sudden the rays began to turn into a rainbow.

I sprinted back. And made it back in time to catch 3 or 4 exposures of the full rainbow. By this time, the clouds had broken and the sun was brightly lighting the lighthouse.

I have never seen these rays coming up from underneath a rainbow before. It was amazing.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Very nice series. Wow, the rainbow with the rays, what a rare capture, nicely done. I love the lighthouse composition. Really nice detail and wonderful lighting is this an HDR?. yes or no it is a beautiful photo.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2009
    I did use HDR on the rainbow one to bring out the detail in the foreground. The rainbow itself was minimally changed. Thanks.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    RuiMLopesRuiMLopes Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Very nice indeed. The sharpness you got on the lighthouse and its contrast against the clouds are awesome!
    I also like the calm mood on the last shot.
    Rui
    D300, D200 coupled with some fine Nikon glass

My Smugmug galleries: http://ruilopes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 5, 2009
    Nice set! Yeah, the rainbow's probably the strongest, but they're all very good. thumb.gif
  • Options
    wirehuntwirehunt Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Great set. That first one is stunning, but I'm also the type that likes the last to.
    Out of interest, what setting s did you use on the last?

Do I take it thats the last time the camera back gets left in the car?? Hahaha
    Stephen Dickson: The one from the south island of New Zealand.

Work hard, play harder. bloggy
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2009
    wirehunt wrote:
    Out of interest, what setting s did you use on the last?

1/60, f4, ISO 400

Thanks.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com