Options

#37 Possible Entry

TEWMOMTEWMOM Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited November 7, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
There are so many possibilities for this challenge. I took this tonight and would like to get some feedback on it. Obviously it fits the bill in terms of filling the frame, but any other thoughts on this shot?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

704743432_Sg8eu-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    I like it. The lighting was well-captured and the picture holds my interest because I'm trying to figure out what it is.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Very cool and abstract. I'm personally struggling with how I want to interpret filling the frame. Is this one object or several similar objects that end up filling the frame (it seems like the latter). That is my only concern with how something like this will be judged. Otherwise, it really is a wonderful study in light and geometry. thumb.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    Very cool shot. In my opinion it fits the requirements. The only thing that bothers me is the black space to the upper right. If you'd crop that away so that the termination point was in the upper-right corner, you have something special.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    I agree about the little black wedge upper right. If that were gone it would give the feeling of fading into the horizon.

Ok, I have to ask, what the heck is it? Never mind, not knowing is part of what makes it interesting.
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    It's curious but doesn't "do" much for me. It's too far away to bring me into the texture. The repeating patterns are cool but the crop is too big for me to get much out of the patterns.