Options

SOLD: Nikon Mount Sigma 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5 EX Aspherical DG DF UWA FULL FRAME

jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
edited November 7, 2009 in Nikon Land
Asking $300 shipped and paypal'd, but considering offers (and considering creative trades too - speedlight modifiers, 77mm UV filter, also looking for a B=W #110ND filter, etc.).

I'm selling a mint Sigma 15-30mm F3.5-4.5 EX Aspherical DG DF (discontinued, ~$579 MSRP?). Lens is in fantastic shape, no signs of use that I can find anywhere, although it has been used - carefully. Sigma's page on this lens is here:
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3242&navigator=1

Lens is super sharp and colorful on my D700 and works great on my D200 as well. My gallery of this lens: http://www.johntookmypicture.com/gallery/9343328_2RMdP

$300 shipped and paypal'd, includes insured shipping, original padded zippered case and front/rear caps (including the 2 piece main front cap).

625076873_46gdF-M-1.jpg

625194632_cnDhR-M-1.jpg

625073520_m6PnL-M-1.jpg

625194434_U8zuy-M-1.jpg

625070274_ktWmb-M-1.jpg

625072179_LNR9w-M-1.jpg

625077396_i48UY-M-1.jpg

More images here:
http://www.johntookmypicture.com/gallery/9343328_2RMdP

Email me at johndhelms at hotmail dot com or PM me on the forum if you have any questions, thanks!
John in Georgia
Nikon | Private Photojournalist

Comments

• Options
    dionysisdionysis Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Why did you decide to go with the 12-24mm over this lens?

Don't get me wrong this was the lens I was hoping you would sell. I am asking my wife right now if I can spend the money.

Jim
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2009
    dionysis wrote:
    Why did you decide to go with the 12-24mm over this lens?

Don't get me wrong this was the lens I was hoping you would sell. I am asking my wife right now if I can spend the money.

Jim

They ended up having about the same amount of strengths and weaknesses (for me), but what put it over the top is that while the 15-30mm would probably be a better lens day-to-day and more versatile... I do a bit more real estate shooting and just needed the wideness of the 12mm more.
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2009
    Interesting trades considered.... SB600 / SB800 / used D40/D40x/D60 body, etc.
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2009
    jhelms wrote:
    Interesting trades considered.... SB600 / SB800 / used D40/D40x/D60 body, etc.

Still available - but I'm going out of town towards the end of this week.... so if someone wants to pull the trigger on it I'll let it go for $300 shipped and paypal'd, but only if the paypal is rec'd before Weds 9/9/09 at 5pm e.s.t. so that I can ship it out Thursday before I leave.
    Otherwise, I'll probably stick it out on ebay or something once I get back in town...
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    KFIELDENKFIELDEN Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 20, 2009
    Sigma 15-30
    Hello,

Is the lens still available?? I am interested. I might have an extra SB-800 if you would be interested.

Thanks,

Karl

jhelms wrote:
    Still available - but I'm going out of town towards the end of this week.... so if someone wants to pull the trigger on it I'll let it go for $300 shipped and paypal'd, but only if the paypal is rec'd before Weds 9/9/09 at 5pm e.s.t. so that I can ship it out Thursday before I leave.
    Otherwise, I'll probably stick it out on ebay or something once I get back in town...
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2009
    KFIELDEN wrote:
    Hello,

Is the lens still available?? I am interested. I might have an extra SB-800 if you would be interested.

Thanks,

Karl

Hey Karl! Thanks for the reply - I"ll check when I get back in the country (just drove the 'ring in Germany!)... someone local was going to check on buying it and let me know when I get back in town, so I"ll update the post in a couple of days, thanks! (and an extra SB sounds appetizing to me!) thumb.gif
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2009
    I'm back in town and yep, the lens is still available - packed up and ready to ship out immediately.

Feel free to reply here, email or pm me for any other information or questions thumb.gif
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2009
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    PM sent for possible trade
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2009
    I did some more comparisons this weekend in Atlanta. Walked around downtown with the D200, D700, and the 12-24mm and 15-30mm and swapped them back and forth a few times with a lot of low light back to back comparisons.

To me, and the other photographers that were with me (all Nikon shooters), the 15-30 images were crisper, and with better color - really the only reason I'm keeping the 12-24 is purely for the wideness, and I don't need the extra stop of speed when it's on the D700.

The 15-30mm is really awesome. I've enjoyed having them both to compare for the past several weeks, but in the long run can't justify having both...
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2009
    Updated...
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    I'm interested (again), is this still available?

Jake
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2009
    Ekaj wrote:
    I'm interested (again), is this still available?

Jake

It finally sold and shipped out last week....
    John in Georgia