Options

#37 possibly??

rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited November 8, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
"OOH, Shiny thing!"

700856403_7UuGH-L.jpg

This is my first time posting to these challenges... does this fit the bill?? After work I can post a version with no watermark if you think it works...

Thanks for looking, Trish

Comments

• Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    I like the idea, but the image bothers me for some reason. I think it is because the cat is in front of, and behind the treats, and yet is never in focus. By itself, that's not bad, but it's creating some optical discordance in my brain.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    It's the watermark that bothers me. I like the cat being out of focus. It gives that feeling of something invading "my space", like I need to back up. I like it!
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Works for me. I kind of like the OOF cat too--don't know if the judges will like OOF though, something to think about.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2009
    Thanks for the CC!
    to me, the reason it was so interesting WAS the fact that its out of focus...
    Wide angle, looking to shoot some pretties of my new boy, and he decides he needs to investigate what this new and shiny thing is!!!
    It won't end up in the challenge though, turns out I took it on Nov 1....

Thanks, Trish
    Works for me. I kind of like the OOF cat too--don't know if the judges will like OOF though, something to think about.
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    This is hilarious. Not just the image but because I can relate. How many times have I seen my pets doing something cute, run to get the camera, get down on the floor or contorted around some piece of furniture to get the shot only to have them stop what they're doing to come over and lick the lens!
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2009
    Laughing.gif!!!
    No kidding.... This is Rory, one of our two new cats--he had been in the house only a week and had spent 98.8% of that time under something he couldn't fit under because he was not happy about his changed circumstances... My husband was becoming quite discouraged about his behavior, and then Rory came out ON HIS OWN for about 25 minutes, and my DH was at work!!!! I grabbed the camera to PROVE he had come out and he became quite the ham.....

this makes me smile, it does show his personality (now that he is coming out every day for an hour or more at time!!)

Thanks for looking,
    Trish
    dlscott56 wrote:
    This is hilarious. Not just the image but because I can relate. How many times have I seen my pets doing something cute, run to get the camera, get down on the floor or contorted around some piece of furniture to get the shot only to have them stop what they're doing to come over and lick the lens!