Street Scene

NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited June 23, 2005 in Street and Documentary
This is a street near Pike Place Market right in front of the original Starbucks store. Your comments are appreciated.

19609661-M.jpg

Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2005
    NikonGirl wrote:
    This is a street near Pike Place Market right in front of the original Starbucks store. Your comments are appreciated.

19609661-M.jpg
    No picture! :) Try again.
  • NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    This is linked directly to my Smugmug account, and I can see the photo just fine. I don't know why this photo isn't visible to others.

Oh well, maybe I'll try again later. Thanks anyway.
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    Hi NikonGirl,
    It must be a night scene as I can't see it either. Just a confirmation that it's not just a problem with Owen.

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• WaterfallRichWaterfallRich Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    I can see it!
    I honestly don't know how to critique a photo properly, but my 1st thought was the musicians need to me more the focus of the image. Maybe zoom in on them more from different angles?? I do like the young lady in the image.
    edited June 23, 2005
    Rich
    You mean you actually see the photo? This has been crazy! I've been seeing it all day, but nobody else seems to be able to view it.

What could possibly have been the problem?

Anyway, thanks for your comments.
  • JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    Problem is the link. You have this link for your photo:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/19609661-M.jpg

By viewing your profile, it must be in this gallery:

http://yolanda.smugmug.com/Street%20Scenes

In order for a photo to be visible, you must have your smugmug ID in the url, like so:

http://yolanda.smugmug.com/Street%20Scenes then the photo name, like such:

http://louisvilleky.smugmug.com/photos/6268222-L.jpg
    edited June 23, 2005
    Ok, I see something is up with your site. When you go into a gallery like Street Scenes, the url changes and drops your smugmug ID (yolanda) and puts www in there.

Might want to PM baldy or someone knowledgable with Smugmug to fix it.
    edited June 23, 2005
    Thanks John,
    I sent an email message to Smugmug Help. Hopefully I'll get an answer on this. I do appreciate your help in figuring out the problem!
    Yolanda
    edited June 23, 2005
    I like this one! Cute cat. (testing out link to see if replacing the www with yolanda works)

19609678-L.jpg
    edited June 23, 2005
    Well, it works.

For now, if you want to show a photo on your site here, copy the link like so:
    http://www.smugmug.com/photos/19609678-L.jpg

and replace the www with yolanda and it'll show.
    edited June 23, 2005
    Ok, a quick check shows that it may just be that section in Street Scenes. (Pike Place Market)

Clicking on several other sections worked fine and the url's were fine too.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    to share a photo, please click on the "share with friends & forums" button, then choose the size (-L works great) and either hightlight the entire file name (ends with .jpg) or right click and copy the link.

then, sandwich inbetween the commands [*img]and [*/img] (omit the *)

19612390-L.jpg
    edited June 23, 2005
    Okay, the problem was that I had the "hide owner" set to YES on that gallery. Heaven only knows why I set it that way, but that was the problem. So I fixed my gallery setting, and hopefully it works now.

Lots of fuss over nothing really. I'm embarrased that I posted the darn picture in the first place. But at least I got it cleared up. I changed the link in my original post. I don't know if any other links in this thread is going to work though.

Just please tell me, can you see the picture in my original post??? You don't even have to comment on it, just say "Yes, I see it Yolanda", and I'll go away a happy camper!!

:uhoh
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 23, 2005
    NikonGirl wrote:
    Okay, the problem was that I had the "hide owner" set to YES on that gallery. Heaven only knows why I set it that way, but that was the problem. So I fixed my gallery setting, and hopefully it works now.

Lots of fuss over nothing really. I'm embarrased that I posted the darn picture in the first place. But at least I got it cleared up. I changed the link in my original post. I don't know if any other links in this thread is going to work though.

Just please tell me, can you see the picture in my original post??? You don't even have to comment on it, just say "Yes, I see it Yolanda", and I'll go away a happy camper!!

:uhoh
    still can't see anything
    edited June 23, 2005
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    I can see your orginal photo, along with the cat one and the fish one.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com