Options

anyone use photography website templates?

lingreonlingreon Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited November 9, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
I am looking to get a website and was wondering if anyone has ever purchased a template to do their website.
I am overwhelmed with the choices out there:::!

Can you share names of companies and your experiences?
I have no html coding skills or any site building skills. we are talking plugging in my photos into a simple showcase.
many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    headscratch.gif How about using SmugMug? Most of the templates, styles, and other stuff is already done for you. All you need to do is upload your photos, make a few choices on styles, and you are good to go. For a simple showcase, you don't need to know HTML, CSS, or anything else.

And just for you, I can set you up on a sweet deal to get a discount on your first year's price thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2009
    thanks for the heads up. I just joined so I am not yet familiar with all the ins and outs of smugmug.
    will be taking you up on your suggestion! thumb.gif
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Customize it
    You can use a Smugmug site and with a pro account totally customize it - I totally love the ease of my site and it has a totally different flavor with my brand on it. David Wolf did my site for me.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    kd2kd2 Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Ditto for the Smugmug pro account. I did a little work on my own to get it set up, then I hired Dr. David (David Wolf), a Smugmug customizer, to do everything else. I'm very happy with my site and I get a lot of nice comments on the way it looks.
    ~Kathy
    Success Coach, Motivational Speaker, Professional Photographer
    "Enriching Lives through Images and Inspiration"
    www.kathleendavenport.com

• Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Thanks!! If you want your smugmug site to look great, check out my samples here: http://www.wolfsnap.com/samples for an idea of the type of work we do. Then fill out my form here: http://www.wolfsnap.com/smugization and I'll send you info on cost, etc.

All our sites are custom made. No 'templates' are used :)

David
  • Options
    raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    I agree with the previous posts that Smugmug is a great site for hosting photos...I must, I`m using it! Whether you hire a customizer or use Smugmug`s builtin Easy Customizer I think you`ll be pleased. You can also get lots of cusomization help on the DGrin forums. Good Luck!
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2009
    thanks everyone for your suggestions! I do have the pro account and so I am off to explore the possibilities :)
    Cheers.