4)
705644602_iLUNH-XL.jpg

5) The setting - A future storm drain pipe
705646652_LdYQn-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    These are cool. A good idea. Keep working it, as B.D. is bound to tell you.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited November 7, 2009
    #2: clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Really neat idea. #2 for me too. I wish the bicyclist was a little more in the frame in #4 It looks like a few more seconds and you would have had him.

I agree with Rutt. Keep working it.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Looking again, I think you might try getting the camera a bit lower.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Now this is what I call being creative. Nurturing and developing this element of your personal make-up will carry you just as far as any technique, or piece of equipment, can ever do. Keep up the good work.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    xstartxtodayxxstartxtodayx Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    I love the concept and the excecution.

I must ask though, did you crawl in there yourself or just use a remote shutter? :D
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Very clever, and well done. #2 is the winner for me.

#1 I'd like it more if it didn't look like the motorcyclist was scratching his rear end.
    #2 is just great! clap.gif The curve in her leg walking mirrors the bend in the cyclist's leg; the progression of walking to cycling to automobiles as you go deeper into the frame. clap.gif
    #3 Looks like the guy is adjusting his pants.
    #4 Amost. A fraction of a second later and you'd have had the whole cyclist, as it is, there's just enough of him missing to make it bothersome.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    1)

Really, really great idea! As Rutt said I'd say - keep going!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif I'm not a tripod guy, but I'd use one for this. Pick the spot, the perspective, and just keep shooting. And watch the positioning as the subject moves across the circle. Again, this is really terrific!clap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Thanks for all the comments everyone. This was one of those opportunities of chance. I was walking the outside boundary of the area I've been shooting for the last several months. It's all slowly being torn away to be replaced with modern developments.

I'm not exactly sure what went through my head, but for some reason I decided to wade into the detritus and have a peek. If you look closely, you will see a largish rock at the right end of the closer pipe. That was my vantage point. The two pipes were oriented such that they pointed across a large intersection. The one in the background had too much debris. The closer had some, but I was able to work around it.

I would be hugely surprised if they are still there this weekend. But I've learned about something else to look for when out shooting.
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    What a terrific concept, very creative. #2 is my pick as well. Well done!clap.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography