Options

Thanks for the Warning!

rcofrcof Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
edited November 11, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Warning sign found at the END of a 3 mile trail in and out of Providence Canyon near Lumkin, GA. The trail gave my heart a good workout.:thumb

Warning.jpg<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Comments

• Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    If this indeed is at the terminus of the trail I would love to meet the moron that came up with the placement of said sign. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    At the end of the trail headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2009
    The trail begins at the Visitors Center. You sign a roster if you are going to hike the trails. (The longest requires a permit.) The only signs there recommended hiking boots, water, etc, no warnings.ne_nau.gif
    The warning sign was at the end of the trail which was about .25 miles from the Visitors Center and the parking lot. headscratch.gif
    The Visitors Center is now closed due to budget constraints so I guess they check the sign-in sheets and parking lot occasionally to see if anyone is missing.:D

It was a fun hike, lots of ups and downs. They had rest benches at intervals that were a big help for an old geezer like me. Although the young could probably do it in flip-flops I found that proper hiking boots and socks were best, definately not a street shoe hike.
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2009
    rcof wrote:
    The trail begins at the Visitors Center. You sign a roster if you are going to hike the trails. (The longest requires a permit.) The only signs there recommended hiking boots, water, etc, no warnings.ne_nau.gif
    The warning sign was at the end of the trail which was about .25 miles from the Visitors Center and the parking lot. headscratch.gif
    The Visitors Center is now closed due to budget constraints so I guess they check the sign-in sheets and parking lot occasionally to see if anyone is missing.:D

It was a fun hike, lots of ups and downs. They had rest benches at intervals that were a big help for an old geezer like me. Although the young could probably do it in flip-flops I found that proper hiking boots and socks were best, definately not a street shoe hike.

Maybe after the .25 miles in is where it gets really hard. I use to love hikes like that, but I really don't enjoy them that much anymore.....I don't like this getting old stuff :cry
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    The sign is at the end which is about a .25 mile from the Visitors Center. The trail starts at the visitors center and drops about 300 feet in it's first .25 mile.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    rcof wrote:
    The sign is at the end which is about a .25 mile from the Visitors Center. The trail starts at the visitors center and drops about 300 feet in it's first .25 mile.

Oh my.....that's not good.