Options

Pictures from the Top Show in Zhengzhou are done!

Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
edited November 12, 2009 in Sports
I know I usually do not do this, but I will give you guys a link to the pictures. Click here, and the password is Danilo. If you want to see the Actors too, the password is Aaron.

If at all possible, I would appreciate some feedback on the Act....Thanks!

It was the very first time that I shot something like that, but I still want honest critique.....you don't have to butter me, or the pictures, up:D
If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson

Comments

• Options
    ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    The pics were just alright to me. Kinda boring. Maybe if you would have changed perspectives more often like shooting from your knees or your belly would have made things more interesting. Also, the colors, or lack of colors made everything kinda boring to me. Also, maybe trying to crop your pics down a bit, so you are focusing on a subject and not many different things. A flash probably would have helped as well. Thanks for sharing.
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2009
    I was not allowed to use my flash:cry As to the lack of color, I used desaturation.....guess you don't like it? Are there any good ones in there....in your opinion then?

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    I looked at the set and did like a few of the motorcycle ones. Favorites were the early one with him airborne, heading downward to the right and one in the middle whereby there are four blurry women (?) in the shot.

I did not like the desaturated cars as much. Better with normal colors (or black and white?). I have no experience shooting cars, so can offer no suggestions here. Looks difficult given the limitations.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    Those where only a few of the limitations that I mentioned.....Every day that I shot was overcast....I will not go on and tell you the rest of the difficulties that I faced just trying to get a decent shot.....

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    I was not allowed to use my flash:cry As to the lack of color, I used desaturation.....guess you don't like it? Are there any good ones in there....in your opinion then?

Sorry brother, I couldn't find any that I liked. I realized another reason when I went back and looked. There is no seperation between subject and background. Maybe if you were to shoot more wide open, you would blur the background a bit and get you some seperation. This is just my opinion. Others may like the desaturated look with busy backgrounds and multiple subjects. I shoot sports so I try my best to do the opposite of what you've done here. Don't take it as you didn't do good though. We simply have different styles and that is perfectly normal in photography. If we all liked and shot the same style of pics, photography would be pretty boring. So good job regardless of my opinion.
    Come see my Photos at:

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    I know I usually do not do this, but I will give you guys a link to the pictures. Click here, and the password is Danilo. If you want to see the Actors too, the password is Aaron.
    Out of curiosity, why would you have password-protection over galleries and then tell the whole world what the passwords are? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    Erbeman wrote:
    Sorry brother, I couldn't find any that I liked. I realized another reason when I went back and looked. There is no seperation between subject and background. Maybe if you were to shoot more wide open, you would blur the background a bit and get you some seperation. This is just my opinion. Others may like the desaturated look with busy backgrounds and multiple subjects. I shoot sports so I try my best to do the opposite of what you've done here. Don't take it as you didn't do good though. We simply have different styles and that is perfectly normal in photography. If we all liked and shot the same style of pics, photography would be pretty boring. So good job regardless of my opinion.

I shot all of them with a 2.8f 60mm(90mm) macro.....which is all I have...besides a 70-300 piece of !crap!

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    Out of curiosity, why would you have password-protection over galleries and then tell the whole world what the passwords are? ne_nau.gif

Digital Grin is hardly the whole world, and I am only doing it because I was asked to by the Chinese boss, at least for a while....but since they have left, I think I will unlock them.

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    I shot all of them with a 2.8f 60mm(90mm) macro.....which is all I have...besides a 70-300 piece of !crap!

Hey I just looked at the actors folder for the first time and you've got several good shots in there!!
    Come see my Photos at:

• Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    Thanks.....BD said know that I can get good exposures and all that with a people picture, I should start shooting for a higher mark.....I don't know what that higher mark is, but I am will and eager to shoot for itclap.gif

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson