Options

Home Page slideshow problem

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited November 13, 2009 in Bug Reporting
My homepage with slideshow hasn't been modified in quite a while and has been working well on all browsers. But today noticed that the 5 photos from a specific gallery, Once Upon a Time, included in slideshow only display as small thumbnails. Same problem on FF, IE8, Safari. Chrome. Can't see a reason in Gallery Settings (X3) or photo dimensions? Appreciate any help. Thanks.
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    It's some kind of bug in the slideshow. I can reproduce the issue and, on a network trace, I see the slideshow requesting this URL which is clearly wrong:

http://photos.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Once-Upon-a-695x495me/dscn1458a/400954605_H3mb4-Ti-4.jpg

You can see the size information -695x495 is stuck in the middle of the URL instead of at the end. I'd suggest you file this in the bug report section and refer to this thread.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    It's some kind of bug in the slideshow. I can reproduce the issue and, on a network trace, I see the slideshow requesting this URL which is clearly wrong:

http://photos.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Once-Upon-a-695x495me/dscn1458a/400954605_H3mb4-Ti-4.jpg

You can see the size information -695x495 is stuck in the middle of the URL instead of at the end. I'd suggest you file this in the bug report section and refer to this thread.

Hey guys,
    Got a similar report yesterday, working on a fix for next release.

Sam
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2009
    jfriend wrote:

Thanks for checking, John.
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2009
    Shizam wrote:
    Hey guys,
    Got a similar report yesterday, working on a fix for next release.

Sam
    Sam, thanks for input. Any idea how long that will be?
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    Sam, thanks for input. Any idea how long that will be?

This week (thursday) barring the unexpected.

Sam
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    PoltergeezerPoltergeezer Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Shizam wrote:

Sam

I'm still having the same problem; a few photos show on homepage slideshow as thumbnails.
    http://www.photos.kirbysphoto.com/Sports/2009-Skyrocket-F/Hollis-Tigers-at-Skyrockets/9528207_iar9w#640412098_5Vq5A for example.
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2009
    Shizam wrote:

Sam
    Sam, it's Friday morning and slideshow problem still exists. When is "fix" expected?
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    Sam, it's Friday morning and slideshow problem still exists. When is "fix" expected?

Sorry guys, we're testing some big changes/fixes (including this one) which have backed up the push a little. I'll update this thread when it goes live.

ne_nau.gif

Sam
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    Shizam wrote:
    Sorry guys, we're testing some big changes/fixes (including this one) which have backed up the push a little. I'll update this thread when it goes live.

ne_nau.gif

Sam

This is fixed now.

Sam
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    Shizam wrote:
    This is fixed now.

Sam
    Thanks, Sam. Seems to be working okay now. clap.gif
    Acadiana Al