Options

Comments, and criticizms

Jerry CurtisJerry Curtis Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited June 24, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Maybe I just didn't look carefully enough, but I can't see a thread to comment on submissions to the current challenge. Do you just start ad hoc threads for these comments?
-Jerry

Whether you think that you can or that you can't, you are usually right.
- Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 24, 2005
    Yes Jerry - you could've put your image in this thread. Most of us will "title" a thread with the appropriate challenge number (41 in this case)
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Yes Jerry - you could've put your image in this thread. Most of us will "title" a thread with the appropriate challenge number (41 in this case)
    It would seem to make more sense for Andy to start another "sticky" strictly for comments and criticizms on all of the entries in a particular challenge???
    -Jerry

- Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2005
    It would seem to make more sense for Andy to start another "sticky" strictly for comments and criticizms on all of the entries in a particular challenge???
    If I understand you correctly you think everyone should place their entries into a single thread for comments?

If so, I have to disagree. The comment process would become extremely cumbersome and confusing, IMHO

The way it's set up now seems to work very well in that each submitter as well as others who choose to comment can easily track their own progress and input.
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    If I understand you correctly you think everyone should place their entries into a single thread for comments?

If so, I have to disagree. The comment process would become extremely cumbersome and confusing, IMHO

The way it's set up now seems to work very well in that each submitter as well as others who choose to comment can easily track their own progress and input.
    15524779-Ti.gif
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2005
    OK, Maybe I have it now...
    Mongrel wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif
    If we wish comments and/or criticizms, we start a new thread with the image in it (in addition to placing it in the challenge entry thread), and request comments and/or criticizms? That the way it works?
    -Jerry

- Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2005
    If we wish comments and/or criticizms, we start a new thread with the image in it (in addition to placing it in the challenge entry thread), and request comments and/or criticizms? That the way it works?
    Yes on the first part.... start a new thread with your image...

but you don't have to place an entry into the actual challenge thread until you're certain (and within the deadline)

If you do post a challenge entry you can also change your mind and pull it or replace it... see Andy's full rules thread for the details.
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2005
    Hi Jerry,
    You got it. Usually, people post their image that they may wish to place into the challenge and see what kind of response they get. If the response is not what they anticipated, they may change their mind and try another. I went through 2 shots before I settled on my final entry for Danger.

It's fun to see the evolution of thinking and shots for the challenges. It's also very eye opening to read all the comments.

Good Luck,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    edited June 24, 2005
    Mine's already in there...
    Comments and/or criticizms invited here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=13908
    -Jerry

- Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50