Options

untitled....

Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
edited November 13, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I candid shot of two very awesome people....Is it just me, or is the older man soft???

PLEASE CRITIQUE
707963646_ggFWg-L.jpg
PLEASE CRITIQUE
If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    What's missing here? There is an interaction which is good. But what's the story? Is there enough here to give us an interesting framework for thinking about this question? Not for me.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    What's missing here? There is an interaction which is good. But what's the story? Is there enough here to give us an interesting framework for thinking about this question? Not for me.
    15524779-Ti.gif

There just isn't enough context to make the shot interesting I'm afraid. To answer your question, though, the older man does not appear soft to me.
    Travis
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    thoth wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

There just isn't enough context to make the shot interesting I'm afraid. To answer your question, though, the older man does not appear soft to me.

First, it doesn't appear soft. And stop worrying about soft. wings.gif

Second, Travis and Rutt are being a tad harsh. No, this isn't an instant classic, an iconic photo burned into our memories. But it is a good catch of an amusing interaction.mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    The old man isn't soft from what I can tell. The pic itself is fine, but it doesn't grab my interest or have me looking too much into it. Not sure why, but it just doesn't quite grab my interest.
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Here are two possibilities (perhaps there are more, but on one quick glance this is how I see it):

1. The chap with the sunglasses is looking at the photographer (although we can't see that for certain); the smile on Mr. Sunglasses, indicates that perhaps the other chap hasn't seen the photographer, or isn't aware that he's being photographed, so why is Mr. S. smiling?

2. Mr. Sunglasses isn't looking at the photographer; in which case…

…hang on… …that thing sticking up from the bottom edge of the picture; could it be the corner of a laptop? I think if there was more of the laptop showing, the picture would make more sense (the third corner of the triangle!!!)

Why are they "awesome" people?

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    First, it doesn't appear soft. And stop worrying about soft. wings.gif

Second, Travis and Rutt are being a tad harsh. No, this isn't an instant classic, an iconic photo burned into our memories. But it is a good catch of an amusing interaction.mwink.gif

YES SIR, NO MORE WORRYING ABOUT SOFTNESS:D

Mr. Sunglasses is Danilo's( director of top show, also old man in this pic) biker...

And yes, that is the edge of a laptop.
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson