Options

Password protected gallery problem?

mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
edited November 15, 2009 in Bug Reporting
Anyone else having an issue with password protected galleries? Just had a client not be able to get into a password protected gallery over the weekend. I finally just took away the password. I verified the password was correct. This same client has had issues just getting to Smugmug period twice in the last three weeks.
Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
A former sports shooter
Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Comments

• Options
    KimRKimR Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    I was trying to password protect a gallery or well I did, but everytime I try to plug in the password as soon as I click in the box (where the customer would type in the password) it takes me basically back to the homepage....

help
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    KimR wrote:
    I was trying to password protect a gallery or well I did, but everytime I try to plug in the password as soon as I click in the box (where the customer would type in the password) it takes me basically back to the homepage....

help
    Possible causes I can think of:
    1. Cookies not enabled or being blocked.
    2. You have a custom domain configure and that custom domain is not set up correctly.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    mercphoto wrote:
    This same client has had issues just getting to Smugmug period twice in the last three weeks.
    But millions haven't - we can help your client, have him write our Support Heroes and we'll troubleshoot - it's likely something very, very simple. Thanks!