Options

Photos mysteriously not uploading

jcimageworksjcimageworks Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited November 16, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I'm having an uploading issue. For the last two days, when I try to upload an image, the uploader flies through it's progress bar at around 30mb/sec and says 1 photo uploaded, but it never shows up. No "file processing" thumbnail in the gallery either.

This is an image that is way less than 24mb, and is an 8bit, srgb jpeg.

my site is www.jcimageworks.com

I've never had this problem before this and just sucessfully uploaded photos just a few days prior to this.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    I'm having an uploading issue. For the last two days, when I try to upload an image, the uploader flies through it's progress bar at around 30mb/sec and says 1 photo uploaded, but it never shows up. No "file processing" thumbnail in the gallery either.

This is an image that is way less than 24mb, and is an 8bit, srgb jpeg.

my site is www.jcimageworks.com

I've never had this problem before this and just sucessfully uploaded photos just a few days prior to this.

I just tried the simple uploader, which took longer but worked. Can anyone tell me why the default (java, I think) uploader isn't working for me?
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 29, 2009
    I am not sure which uploader it is that you are calling the default. The Simple Uploader is what I would call the default as it is the one that we refer folks to the most. Can you let me know which one it is that you are calling the default? I would highly recommend the Simple if possible.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    I am not sure which uploader it is that you are calling the default. The Simple Uploader is what I would call the default as it is the one that we refer folks to the most. Can you let me know which one it is that you are calling the default? I would highly recommend the Simple if possible.

The one that worked for me was the no frills, bulletproof uploader that I had to pick from the right side of the page. This is the one with a drop down for how many files you want to upload, 1-5, 6-11 etc, with a browse for location button for each one.

The one I'm calling default is the one that pops up first when I click add photos and select the gallery. When I select the gallery, I'm taken to the upload page where the java thing scrolls around in a circle fashion then is replaced by a little box that says, "Drag image or movie files here!"

I think the one that isn't working for me is the one you are calling the simple uploader.

Thanks for looking into this.
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 29, 2009
    The one with the drop downs for each file is what we call the Olde Faithful.

The drag images and movies here one is actually called the Simple Uploader. That is the one I would expect to give you the least problems.

The Olde Faithful does not use Java that I am aware of so that is why I was confused.

I checked your upload log http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/uploadlog.mg it indicates a connection related error.

You might want to contact us on the help desk as this is not really a "Bug" that I can tell. We need you to run some tests and exchange results that would be best done via email. Be sure to let us know if you are running a PC or Mac.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    The one with the drop downs for each file is what we call the Olde Faithful.

The drag images and movies here one is actually called the Simple Uploader. That is the one I would expect to give you the least problems.

The Olde Faithful does not use Java that I am aware of so that is why I was confused.

I checked your upload log http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/uploadlog.mg it indicates a connection related error.

You might want to contact us on the help desk as this is not really a "Bug" that I can tell. We need you to run some tests and exchange results that would be best done via email. Be sure to let us know if you are running a PC or Mac.

OK thanks for the input. I've e-mailed support.
  • Options
    Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    I have had this same problem this week. I have used the Java based uploader in both IE and Firefox on a PC. I also tried the Picasa uploader. My pics did eventually show up the next day. And I was refreshing the browsers. Each pic that I uploaded seemed to upload much faster than normal.