Options

quite old...

rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited November 16, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I was putzing about in my files, and came across these... some of my favorite people shots...what do you think??
about 4 years old, taken on a trip to Chicago....

Thanks for looking!
Trish
( I've done different things to them PP...)

1. 640991346_DjTWK-L.jpg
640990760_ZACXJ-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Number two doesn't do much for me but I like number one quite a lot, even in color. She looks a little too old to be playing with dolls out in public. rolleyes1.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    #1 is great. The doll, cellphone and reflection are wonderful.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    I like the first. The positioning is excellent AND the barbie (assumed by me) is so out of place that it helps elevate this shot.
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    I like the first. The positioning is excellent AND the barbie (assumed by me) is so out of place that it helps elevate this shot.

Thanks guys!
    I really wish I had gotten the Barbie AND her high heeled leg, but she had moved the doll to her lap...

I can only imagine what is going on here.... she's Chinese, and visiting Chicago with her little sisters doll (kinda like a flat stanley?) and maybe she's talking to her sister half a world away??? Laughing.gif

I always have a story....
    Thanks again,
    Trish
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited November 16, 2009
    Ah, The Bean, an endless source of great images. I think the first image is the better of the two. You might try in a square crop, eliminating the empty space at the bottom. The color in #2 bothers me some. Did you add purple and green in post? I can see that it goes with her clothing, but I don't think it works. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Ah, The Bean, an endless source of great images. I think the first image is the better of the two. You might try in a square crop, eliminating the empty space at the bottom. The color in #2 bothers me some. Did you add purple and green in post? I can see that it goes with her clothing, but I don't think it works. ne_nau.gif

Definitely #1, and definitely without your name on top of it.rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif And I love your story!clap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed