Options

Favorite image (4/30-5/7): Richard Cabesa, Winner

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited May 16, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Please vote for your favorite image submitted for the week of 4/30-5/7. The assignment was architecture, with extra credit for buildings more than 50 years old.

The candidates:

#16 - Dugmar
The Law Office - Dirtdog
Alpine Street, Reading - gubbs
Ceiling Fan - tmlphoto
Suburban Lighthouse - fish
Angles - wkwork
While My Husband Waited - ginger_55
Mt. Carmel, Side View - Richard Cabesa
#123 - Johnny Luck
Solitude - AltPro

There were some fantastic submissions for this assignment. I guess I need to start making them harder. :D

This is the first time we've tried to use a poll to vote for winners of a weekly assignment. Let's see how it goes. I'd also like to thank the mods that helped pick some of the candidates.

In the future, please remember to title each photo or include only one image per post.

I feel kinda funny putting one of my photos in there, but two of my mod pals voted for it. Whatcha gonna do? :dunno
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Assignment: Architecture. Vote for the best! 33 votes

#16 - Dugmar
0% 0 votes
The Law Office - Dirtdog
3% 1 vote
Alpine Street, Reading - gubbs
12% 4 votes
Ceiling Fan - tmlphoto
6% 2 votes
Suburban Lighthouse - fish
0% 0 votes
Angles - wkwork
24% 8 votes
While My Husband Waited - ginger_55
6% 2 votes
Mt. Carmel, Side View - Richard Cabesa
33% 11 votes
#123 - Johnny Luck
9% 3 votes
Solitude - AltPro
6% 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2004
    Maybe I'm being stupid, but how do you vote?:confused
    Just realized, just post the title ??
    No!
    That box at the top just appeared:D
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Maybe I'm being stupid, but how do you vote?:confused
    Just realized, just post the title ??
    No!
    That box at the top just appeared:D
    Sorry about that...had a little user error this morning. The only way I could keep from losing my links was to post prematurely. Should work now. I should wait until I've had at least two cups of coffee before walking the tightrope from now on.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2004
    Tough choices, Nice work this week, kids.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 8, 2004
    indeed, some very nice work! good final pics mods!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 8, 2004
    i can't seem to remember to put anything in one post this morning... Fish, would it be a lot more work for you to include a small version of the finalists shot in this "voting" post? Not that clicking on them is hard, but for slower connections, it'd be nice to just have one longer wait rather than each time you click.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited May 9, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    i can't seem to remember to put anything in one post this morning... Fish, would it be a lot more work for you to include a small version of the finalists shot in this "voting" post? Not that clicking on them is hard, but for slower connections, it'd be nice to just have one longer wait rather than each time you click.

Sure. I can give it a shot. Problem is that some of the submissions are attachments, and quite frankly, I hate attachments. You can't manipulate them unless you save them locally, and then it's always a low res version...hell, it's always under 117Kb.
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2004
    The Winner!
    Congratulations to Richard Cabesa!!

Richard won last week's photo assignment: Architecture.

3968960-M.jpg

Nice job!

The poll will open for this week's assignment shortly, as soon as my faithful co-moderator sends me the list of finalists.

• Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2004
    :andy :andy :andy I'd like to thank the academy, Fish for this great assignment, Baldy for giving us this place, Lynma and Andy for their unwavering support to the craft, waxy and dugmar and gubbs and, oh I know I'm forgeting someone, to all of you for the inspiration. To my wife for putting up with me and my dog.

Oh, almost forgot, Hi Mom wave.gif

Really guys and girls, Thank You

David

fish, where do I pick up gold statue
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2004
    clap.gif Just catching up... way to go, Mr. RC, nice job and well deserved!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au